• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Battle is Joined
11-08-2008, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2008, 07:26 AM by umbro.)
The Battle is Joined
I put together a number of AARs from the Top Gun tourney a couple of years back and if folks find them useful I will try to clean them all up and post all of them here.

Here was the first as an example. It is the Talonsoft version of the game but much of the discussion is relevant to most JTCS scenarios that are played with the optional extreme assault rule OFF.

Topgun Round 1 - The Battle is Joined

I have used a remote host for these AARs as they are somewhat large and include elements that cannot be served from theBlitz (such as the game turns themselves).

Post here to let me know if these will be of any use. If there is demand I will try to complete the others as best I can.

umbro
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2008, 07:19 AM,
RE: The Battle is Joined
More please. The AAR for the other rounds were not completed. Are you planning on completing them and posting here?
11-08-2008, 07:30 AM,
Great Umbro! :thumbs_up:
Yes, bring it on!
For those new to the club, you are in for a treat and lessons on a grand scale!

ToastParty :grin2: cheers

Ed
11-08-2008, 07:45 AM,
This is the best all around AAR available, in my humble opinion.

Informative with many excellent lessons to be learned by a true master.

I am for the hope of more!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
11-08-2008, 05:15 PM,
Now that's an AAR.
11-08-2008, 07:03 PM,
This AAR is staggering. I have been playing this game since it first came out and reading this makes it feel like a whole new universe.

The depth of analysis and reasoning in strategic and tactical decision making is awe inspiring!

I just wish I could do the math. I cannot imagine ever doing calculations to work out if it's better to op fire at a tank with a rifle plt or MG plt stacked with a leader etc. I knew I would suffer one day for being thrown out of GSCE maths.

More please. I just wish I could watch the replays, I get loads of bridges appearing everywhere because it's an older version.

cheers:bow:
11-09-2008, 01:59 AM,
Thanks for posting the AAR. It brings back so many old memories. I learned most of my tactics from playing, and losing to, Umbro. This was back in the day....when I was a newbie. I look back at those humiliating defeats as the most important games I've ever played.

Thanks Umbro! Welcome back!

Rob