• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HOORAY for Steel God!
11-07-2008, 02:12 AM,
Thumbs_Up  HOORAY for Steel God!
I'm posting this in support of Steel God for his efforts to end the current flame war.

Members (glint, stryker..) who whine about "too much" moderation and those (RR-RD & Co) that apparently enjoys mindless bickering are not in majority here. The rest of us are here to discuss Campaign Series gaming and are not interested in who-said-what-to-who-first or who-is-stupidest.

Use PM, email and telephone for personal attacks & death threats and leave the forums alone.

Keep up the good work Steel God! :thumbs_up:
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2008, 02:21 AM,
RE: HOORAY for Steel God!
zeiss Wrote:I'm posting this in support of Steel God for his efforts to end the current flame war.

Agreed 100%

Quote:Members (glint, stryker..) who whine about "too much" moderation and those (RR-RD & Co) that apparently enjoys mindless bickering are not in majority here. The rest of us are here to discuss Campaign Series gaming and are not interested in who-said-what-to-who-first or who-is-stupidest.

But then you totally mess it up with this comment. You have just started another potential flamewar by calling a bunch of people names.

Well done!

Hawk
11-07-2008, 02:48 AM,
Gents:

Maybe if we all pause, take a deep breath and think before hitting that "post button", all members will benefit?

What do you all think?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-07-2008, 03:09 AM,
zeiss Wrote:I'm posting this in support of Steel God for his efforts to end the current flame war.

Members (glint, stryker..) who whine about "too much" moderation and those (RR-RD & Co) that apparently enjoys mindless bickering are not in majority here. The rest of us are here to discuss Campaign Series gaming and are not interested in who-said-what-to-who-first or who-is-stupidest.

Use PM, email and telephone for personal attacks & death threats and leave the forums alone.

Keep up the good work Steel God! :thumbs_up:

Zeiss, My point was that we were discussing the campaign series and the thread got removed without any explanation or reason, most people posting in that thread were ignoring the "other" stuff and getting on with it, myself included and it contained some valuable points of view which should have been left up. The removal of posts and threads appears to be a common theme, without any explanation, and my feeling was that this wasn't acceptable. If it is whining to point these things out then I am guilty.

Having said that, Steel God has stated that the guys who moderate will attempt to allow threads to continue so long as the membership do not complain about the content, to me, this is a step forward.

I believe these things warrant discussion as they affect us all, I don't think you'll find many other posts from me over the years which could be construed as "whining".

I'm glad you feel you can speak for the entire CS community on this subject except for glint and myself, I do agree however, that the mindless bickering is unwanted and unwelcome.

cheers
11-07-2008, 04:41 AM,
It seems that we have some common ground here. We would like to filter the noise out, but would like to keep the content.

It seems that locking threads (and perhaps expunging specific posts) rather than removing threads is the way to go. Which is the way the last thread was handled. Progress!

umbro
11-07-2008, 04:46 AM,
I think I need an apology for that comment Zeiss, along with others.
Peter
11-07-2008, 06:25 AM,
Sorry for sounding unnecessarily caustic. Stryker, Glint your threads looked very odd in a forum in dire need of moderation. I do agree with your closed thread reasoning.

In general terms my point is; a more supportive attitude towards our mods decisions would be nice in a time of "heated" debate.

The gaming points of the Ch-Ch-Changes-thread could easily be resurrected if someone makes a new post. Although not this week..

Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:But then you totally mess it up with this comment. You have just started another potential flamewar by calling a bunch of people names.

It's often best to name names to protect the innocent. :)
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
11-07-2008, 07:16 AM,
And remember, it was I that started the Ch-Ch-Changes as a discussion of CS and concerns that I had. :rolleyes:
I neither expect or want an apology. Big Grin

I agree with Umbro, that "flame" posts, within threads, should be removed. Like cutting out the cancer and leaving the healthy tissue?
It would save the thought and limit the typing/re-typing? :smoke:

cheers

RR
11-07-2008, 07:44 AM,
Ola, thank you for the kind words. I'm just trying to do what I can do to keep things flowing smoothly. Some days I am more successful than others, but that's life.
11-07-2008, 08:56 AM,
And here I thot the damn election was over :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."