*Note: Blue text are links*

Top five players:
  • Landser34........ 12098 points
  • PKPowers.......... 8964
  • RickyB.............. 7472
  • Von Waldenburg..6855
  • Typhoon........... 6680
Medals Awarded since last issue:
  • HirooOnoda and Oldman were issued Centurion Medals (Second Class) for achieving 100 games reported on the ladder.

• Sgt.Barker and Heinz were awarded medals for the Anvil of Victory tourney.

• 19 players were issued medals for participating in the Desert tourney.

• 13 players received medals for the Death From Above tourney.

• Peter777 and Von Nev have been awarded the Bronze testing badge as part of the new testing team.
Well done to all!

Tournament News:
  • Heinz was the winner of the Anvil of Victory tourney and RickyB came out on top in the Thunder in the Desert tourney and Dirk Gross won the Death From Above tourney, well done to all of you!

• Tide1 has a new tourney running Grossdeutschland ,follows the exploits of this unit through France and Russia in four scenarios from four different titles and should be great fun.

• The Ostkrieg Tournament is in its third round.

• Also Sergio’s Tourney Hungary 44 The Prelude is on going.
As always we owe a great deal to Tide1 and Sergio who give up their own time to organise these great community events for our enjoyment, thanks guys!

OpC H2H Productions News:
There are currently 15 Approved PzC/MC scenarios for you to enjoy, all of these scenarios have been thoroughly tested for H2H PBEM play and can be reported just the same as stock scenarios and for the same points, they can be found here…
Approved scenario list

My testing team had another success with Volcano Man’s ninth scenario being added to the growing list, MG44 Hells Highway_Alt is another quality product from the OpC H2H area which the whole community can enjoy.

General News:
I would like to start by drawing player attention to the four sticky threads at the top of the main OpC forum, one highlights the H2H area and what is on offer there, another lists the Optional rules that must be used if you play or test Volcano Man’s _ALT scenarios. There is also a “What every player should know” thread packed full of info and useful links and lastly there is a brand new thread listing the Optional rules in PzC and MC titles with an explanation of their uses and effects (New Opt rules article) .

Make sure you check out the excellent AAR between Dog Soldier & RickyB as part of the Ostkrieg tourney (Ostkrieg AAR) , what the AAR also proves is how good the Blitz H2H scenarios can be, also Von Nev has a very interesting Minsk44 campaign AAR ongoing (SS Totenkopf "Fire Brigade" AAR) both these threads plus many others can be found in the OpC AAR sub forum.

Also I would like to bring your attention to the amazing amount of PzC/MC scenarios supported at the Blitz, obviously there are the stock HPS scenarios that come with the disc’s which must now run into hundreds, second I am sure almost all of you must be aware of Volcano Man’s _ALT scenarios of which there are almost one _ALT version of every stock scenario, so that must run into several hundreds as well, add in the 15 H2H Approved scenarios and the 80+ various Player Mod scenarios that I have gathered at the new Mod sub forum (Mod forum) all of these scenarios have an entry in the DB and can be reported for ladder points, I think you will agree the Blitz OpC area has the best scenario resource available on the net!

The forum has been active as usual, in response to posts on the subject it was obvious there was a need for more clarity on the grey subject of optional rules hence the new sticky thread already mentioned above, the “old chestnut” of AT guns vulnerability when retreating in T mode was raised again by Wien1938 (AT gun thread) , it was hoped that if there is another TillerCon Blitz members would again raise this issue with John Tiller.

Zemke started a great debate on the advantages and disadvantages of breaking down battalions (Battalion thread) and a fun thread by Krak (Funny Thread) asking how many games we manage to play at any one time and still have a life produced some extraordinary answers!

A present we have 49 players in Bootcamp, I have been glad to see that any who do post for a game are finding opponents without much delay, thank you to all who help these new players out.

The Player Profiles have been well received; anybody who would like a questionnaire should contact Foul. there are 50 points on offer for each one posted.

Any problems or issues on the HPS OC ladder can be posted on the forum or you can Email Dog Soldier OpC Ladder Commander or Email Foul. Asst OpC Ladder Commander who will try to help you out!

That’s it for now, enjoy your gaming and have FUN! ;)

Regards Darran aka Foul.
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2008, 08:04 AM,
RE: OpC Ladder Report Nov 08.
Darran

your monthly round up is getting very entertaining. Much better than just a few dry statistics.

Marc
11-04-2008, 09:28 AM,
FLG Wrote:Darran

your monthly round up is getting very entertaining. Much better than just a few dry statistics.

Marc
Thank you Marc, in the absence of the newsletter, i think it is important to keep everyone informed of what is going on at the OpC area and how much Brian and myself want this ladder to be the best place to enjoy HPS PzC/MC titles on the net! :)
11-05-2008, 09:17 AM,
Well written Darran. Thank you for the round up.

Now to bump this thread back to the top....

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-05-2008, 11:36 AM,
Foul. Wrote:
FLG Wrote:Darran

Marc
Thank you Marc, in the absence of the newsletter, i think it is important to keep everyone informed of what is going on at the OpC area and how much Brian and myself want this ladder to be the best place to enjoy HPS PzC/MC titles on the net! :)

Is the newsletter feature gone?
11-05-2008, 05:14 PM,
The putting together of the newsletter was a huge time consuming effort for the editor and the contributers, so because "real life" is keeping everyone so busy at the moment the NL has been dropped but not for ever, we will see it return in some form.

So in its place i shall keep you informed of what is going on with our ladder with regular updates. :)
11-09-2008, 11:07 AM,
Last bump for this. ;)