• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Lyon Roars DAR
10-21-2008, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2008, 01:05 PM by Panzer VI.)
The Lyon Roars DAR
The Lyon Roars
DAR by PanzerVI

Complexity:4
[Image: WF0001.jpg]
Plan:
Group B and C will attack first, but after Group B takes the first Obj, I will give Group A reinforcements as I believe their force is way too small.Group A and B will join together at whitfield.All forces will assemble at the exit OBjs.

Turn 1:
I move up,unloading the carriers.Tanks from Group C takes fire from what looks an 88.
[Image: WF0002.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2008, 01:08 PM,
RE: The Lyon Roars DAR
Turn 2:
Group B carrier Infantry exchange fire with an enemy unit, but no damage is made.That same 88 is destoying my tanks in Group C, meaning I will have to keep my tanks back and let my infantry move up.Group B manages to eliminate a unit!But that 88 eliminated one of my tank units.

Sorry forgot to take screenshot.
10-21-2008, 01:12 PM,
Turn 3:
Oh No!I spot reinforcements moving up southern road.looks like it's going to be a tougher for Group C.The 88 takes out more of my tanks.The first OBJ for Group B is surprisingly lightly defended.
[Image: WF0003.jpg]
10-23-2008, 09:27 PM,
Nice overview map and DAR!
10-24-2008, 09:19 AM,
Turn 4:
I lose a crap load of tanks to ANOTHER 88 on a hill.Nothing really happens this turn.I surround the first OBJ of Group B, and let me tell that unit on that OBJ is stubborn!

[Image: WF0004.jpg]
10-24-2008, 09:22 AM,
Turn 5:
For some reason, the enemy is ploting arty far back behind my lines, but there's nothing there!Those reinforcements I spotted earlier come right in front of Group C and block my path!Again, Nothing really happens.I spot yet ANOTHER 88.I would like some advice on how to deal with these 88s and that stubborn unit on that OBJ.

[Image: WF0005.jpg]
10-24-2008, 01:22 PM,
Nice job so far, looks like those couple of 88's will slow your progress down on that group. Will you still have time to reach all your goals or will you adjust on the fly ?? No i'm not a German spy just wondering how soon other people start to think about the grand plan and how fast they change it ?? Thanks for your time.

Chuck
10-24-2008, 08:19 PM,
If you can load a screen shot in the 3D mode with bases on showing the 88 and your troops it would help to see the tactical situation.
10-25-2008, 12:07 AM,
I put marked the 88s with artillery.As for Chuck-I will probably withdraw group C and move them North to Group B.
10-25-2008, 05:27 AM,
Panzer VI Wrote:Turn 5:
For some reason, the enemy is ploting arty far back behind my lines, but there's nothing there!Those reinforcements I spotted earlier come right in front of Group C and block my path!Again, Nothing really happens.I spot yet ANOTHER 88.I would like some advice on how to deal with these 88s and that stubborn unit on that OBJ.

The 88's can be dampened by artillery fire. Not sure how much you have available but, I see you have 12 smoke. I would plot artillery to fire on the 88's and have the last rounds be smoke. If you don't take the 88 out with the arty you may disrupt them. If they stay disrupted the smoke will further decrease the effectiveness of their fire.
Then repeat as needed.

As for the objective hex. That could be reduced by arty and/or direct fire. You may not be in a hurry to move past it until the 88's are neutralized?

Just a thought.

Nice DAR.

cheers

RR