• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What view do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
2D View
28.00%
7 28.00%
3D view
72.00%
18 72.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which View?
10-12-2008, 04:48 AM,
Which View?
I want to know how many of you are playing in the 2D/3D view.

I perfer the 2D view because in 3D view,you can't see anything and the 2D view I think is better for strategic planning,etc
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2008, 04:54 AM,
RE: Which View?
3D for me mostly, Except at the beginning when I am "planning". And I use that term very loosely. Haahhaha.
"And the world did gaze, in deep amaze, at those stout-hearted men, but few,
Who bore the fight that freedom's light might shine through the foggy dew"
-Peadar Kearney, "The Foggy Dew"

10-12-2008, 06:55 AM,
What if you switch through both modes during play?
There was no option for "both" or "it doesn't matter" in the poll.

I use both during play. Mostly, 3D but I do not want to vote just for 3-D.

RR
10-12-2008, 07:04 AM,
No vote, I use both but mostly 3D 1. 2D for those long movements and wondering what the heck I'm supposed to do. 3D to see the elevations and I like the little minis and animations.
10-12-2008, 07:37 AM,
3D for the action, 2D for movement and planning.

I voted 3D as that is where I spend most of my time.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
10-12-2008, 08:53 AM,
I guess I play 2D all the time because I play Panzer Campaigns alot, and I'm really used to the 2D view.
10-12-2008, 09:13 AM,
Evenly split between 3D & 2D.

Yossarian :smoke:
10-12-2008, 12:57 PM,
You mean that there is more than one view (3D) man no wonder I get hammered all the time. Just kidding, I only use 3D and just back out on the zoom for long moves. I can't tell what the counters are in 2D so I don't use it. In 2D it is much easier to see the map and all the details espically fords. I've lost more than one game getting stuck on one side of the river and not seeing the ford to cross. You should see the responses to I didn't see the place to cross the river.

Chuck
10-12-2008, 12:59 PM,
I watch 3D during artillery replays and then 2D during the direct fire replay. Moving long distance and strategy I use 3D but switch to 2D as much as possible... kind of hard to vote on that split??
Good Hunting,
Reddog
10-16-2008, 01:33 PM,
Chuck10mtn Wrote:You mean that there is more than one view (3D) man no wonder I get hammered all the time. Just kidding, I only use 3D and just back out on the zoom for long moves. I can't tell what the counters are in 2D so I don't use it. In 2D it is much easier to see the map and all the details espically fords. I've lost more than one game getting stuck on one side of the river and not seeing the ford to cross. You should see the responses to I didn't see the place to cross the river.

Chuck

You mean you don't know your NATO symbols? I can't see anyone playing a wargame without knowing NATO symbols.EekYou do know you can switch between graphical icons and the symbols right?