• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Installing Africa at War
09-17-2008, 08:12 AM,
Installing Africa at War
I downloaded all of the files. I opened the zips to my desktop and ran the self installer in each file (the little box with the colored books). I can't run it. It does not show up in Pacific war or Advance of teh Reich.

How do I properly install and play this game?
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM,
RE: Installing Africa at War
You've got to make another copy of Pacific War and rename the folder to Africa at War then install the mod into the AaW folder.

If it's a self extracting zip file then point it towards the new AaW folder, then click extract all, and click yes to overwrite all files.

If not you will have to manually copy the mod files to the correct folders within the main AaW folder.

Hope this helps, and note that z1812 SAW mod 2D figures will work with this. Note thats only the 2D figures files which go into the map folder NOT the complete mod.
09-17-2008, 11:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2008, 11:37 PM by Red Bird.)
Thank you.
09-17-2008, 11:36 PM,
Lowlander Wrote:You've got to make another copy of Pacific War and rename the folder to Africa at War then install the mod into the AaW folder.

If it's a self extracting zip file then point it towards the new AaW folder, then click extract all, and click yes to overwrite all files.

If not you will have to manually copy the mod files to the correct folders within the main AaW folder.

Hope this helps, and note that z1812 SAW mod 2D figures will work with this. Note thats only the 2D figures files which go into the map folder NOT the complete mod.

So, I need to install Pacific War again but, in a file renamed Africa at War?

Then I put the add-on files into the new folder?

I think this is how I am understanding your reply.
09-18-2008, 12:29 AM,
Basically, that's right RB. There should have been a read-me file in the AaW download that gives step by step instructions on creating the Mod. Hope this helps.
09-18-2008, 03:58 AM,
If you first create a new folder somewhere on your HD, and name it Africa at War, you can then go to your Pacific War game folder, enter it and select all, and copy everything to the Africa at War folder.

Then install the mod, if you have any problems contact me by email.

I know absolutely nothing about computers but so enjoy these games that the mods are no problem whatsoever.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules, if so my apoligies and please remove post forthwith.
09-18-2008, 06:30 AM,
Be aware that you have to install the AAW mod over Pacific War V1.0, without installing any patches!

Cheers

Tom
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM,
Alpha Zwo Wrote:Be aware that you have to install the AAW mod over Pacific War V1.0, without installing any patches!

Cheers

Tom

Ahhh! Thank you. I will uninstall PW, re-install v 1.0 make the appropriate file moves and creations, and then I will update PW back to the appropriate patch.
09-18-2008, 02:07 PM,
I would like to thank everyone for their input on this thread. It is greatly appreciated.

Once again, Thank you all, and I hope to see some of you on the battlefields of Africa.