• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 4.0
09-16-2008, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2008, 06:39 AM by Aaron.)
Bolt out of the Blue 4.0
http://rapidshare.com/files/145559770/Bolt_4.zip.html

Heres the link.

1. choose free
2. wait 32 seconds
3. click download

List of changes:
+For the most part it was oob changes through out
+Engineers have been completely reworked
+Replacements completely reworked (now using the replacement feature in the oob editor)
U will have higher values on MOT INF and older tanks but low values on LEO2s and such.
+ Added strategy for Soviet 34th Art division
+ Change around SF/Spetsnaz deployment and added more
+ Movement rates have changed (Bigger difference between tracked,mot and armored
carriers)
+ Did i mention OOB changes
+ Graphics, some just got a new camo and eventually most will get a camo overhaul, i
suggest just overwrite all the old ones with new ones b/c u might not notice a difference
at a glace also lighten up some of the backgrounds to make it easier to c
+ I cant remember if i mentioned OOB changes
+ Soviet recon changes
+ AT gun value changes (tried to make it usefull even though the 100mm gun is outdated, still wont survive on its own but dug in in a good defensive position with some INF dug in with it makes a good use out of it.
+ Moved about 14000 VP points from western Germany to the central and eastern part of West Germany to help NATO player fight a more forward battle. The West Germans did not want to lose any territory
+ The Question was raise a while ago why does WP count a full BN and NATO does not, well Nato still does not but it does count all COMBAT troops in a BN. For example originally a British FV-432 unit had 120 men, for one it had 120 men and 6 officers for 126 X 3 companies in the BN, their was a forth company of 170 men with 8 FV432 with 81mm mortars and 18 FV432 with Milan AT teams, now these men where factored in to the values but the men where not added in to the toatal amount of men, well they r now, i took the 170 men divided it by 3 and added it to the 126. Most NAto countries had a fourth company and this was done for all of them.
+ Added Soviet Heavy Artillery Bde (2s7) and other independent BM-27 rocket units.
+ i guarantee theirs more but i didnt keep very good track of things (actually no track at all :rolleyes:) but looking through the oob ull c changes as in Polish T-55 regiments had a different structure than T-72,T55AM regs, it had 5 independent companys of 16 tanks) also on the West Germans PzGren Bns in PzGren Bde had the 3rd company mounted in M-113s. Polish and East German Regimental art Bns only had 12 guns and so on. In some of the Dutch Tank units the 3rd and 4th company was made up of reserves and had only 13 tanks.
+ Now im writing all this out of the top of my head so if im off a tank or 2 dont kill me like i said i didnt write a list of changes. :smoke:
+ i think i did mention their was some oob changes
+ dosnt have an effect on the game but all Nato units are written as Company/unit i myself have found it easier to read what unit im looking at

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2008, 06:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2008, 06:59 AM by Aaron.)
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.0
Any questions,complaints or praises u can post hear for all to c or email me at [email protected].

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-16-2008, 07:24 AM,
I think I can speak for everyone involved in the up-coming Team game in saying Thanks and we appreciate your work and efforts in getting this out to us in a rush!

Look forward to trying it out !

Kuriltai
09-16-2008, 07:52 AM,
No Rush i believe ive been working on it the last 2 months and some parts of it before even the last update, i just rushed not having the rest of the new graphics. When i do get them ill post up here for download as there wont be 10MB of them.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-17-2008, 09:42 PM,
A big thanks again Tazaaron and to everyone concerned for sharing your mod, looks like this is the best supported of all HPS games, a best buy for anyone who still has'nt got this masterpiece.
09-18-2008, 05:22 AM,
Aaron,
Does installing your mod affect the stock games at all? What do I need to be aware of when installing or over-writing files? For example, does the new weather file change the stock weather?

Thanks
Bob
09-18-2008, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2008, 07:07 AM by Aaron.)
The weather file does overwrite the old one but all it has is extra days added to the bottom so it dosnt effect other games. The .pdt,.oob and .scn dont effect anything. Some of the graphics may overwrite old ones, the map mod will overwrite old map mods.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-18-2008, 07:23 AM,
Simple question... do we dump these files into the default game directory? I noticed that the zip file has all the files going to "bolt4.0" folder.

LBouton
09-18-2008, 12:40 PM,
Aaron, awesome job. I can't wait to play this in a team game. This is really great work. I appreciate the effort that you and your partners have put into this operation. Thanks.

Tbird3
09-19-2008, 04:53 AM,
Dont dump the 4.0 folder open it up and dump but if u dont want all the graphics u might want to go into each country folder and take only what u want.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way