• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Printing maps.
09-04-2008, 01:02 PM,
Printing maps.
Can Someone help me find the best way....heck anyway to print up maps zoom level 1or 2 (wanna string them altoghether an put up on my wall)with a plastic overlay an use a grease pencil.I need this for moscow 41 I'm really tried of chasing my tail keeping corps an divisions organized:hissy:
I tried using print screen button...no results...cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2008, 03:09 PM,
RE: Printing maps.
I screen shot each map into sectors (zoom 2) until the whole map is done. Then I use adobe photo shop to paste the map sceen shots back together. Then all you have to do is print it out to whatever size you like. I am lucky as I have access to a big colour printer. Having a big hardcopy map sure makes life a lot easier. Good luck.
09-04-2008, 10:07 PM,
I just grab an image of the jump map. These contain every hex. These can be expanded to A4/letter size easily. I then print out a bunch and annotate them. r
09-05-2008, 12:53 AM,
FLG Wrote:I just grab an image of the jump map. These contain every hex. These can be expanded to A4/letter size easily. I then print out a bunch and annotate them. r

One more time for the slow of learning.:eek1:
09-05-2008, 02:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM by Ricky B.)
This is all assuming you use a version of Windows for your operating system.

The Prt Scr button copies the current screen to what is called the Clipboard. Open an image editing program, such as Windows Paint, and choose Edit - Paste, I believe are the choices, or just do Ctrl-v to paste the clipboard image in. Do this for each area of the map, adjust the pieces as you paste them to align with the adjacent map section, including any overlap, which is what Krak is talking about. Once you have the entire map, you can print it off on whatever size paper you have, taping together the different pieces of paper.

Or for FLG's use of the jump map, you would again use the Prt Scr button, then paste into Paint of something similar, and enlarge it to fill the paper size you have through Paint's commands or the printer setup, that would take me some digging around on how to do that depending on your printer.

By the way, Glenn has many of the maps already put together and ready to print, courtesy of a fellow blitzer I believe, so go to his site (I am at work and not sure of the URL) and look around for them as another possiblity.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-05-2008, 09:24 AM,
Thanks ricky!