• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A New Site
09-02-2008, 04:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2008, 01:19 PM by Mad Russian.)
A New Site
This being the 69th anniversary of the start of WWII we have chosen this time to open a new chapter in wargaming as well. We have created a new website that will be for wargaming, history and intersite tournaments. We are starting with CM but don't intend to limit the intersite tournaments to any single game. The new site is called War and Tactics.

We are opening the site with a CM community tournament. All CM sites and clubs have been invited to send their challengers.

Having said that, War and Tactics is far from a CM site. First and foremost it's about wargaming and history. How the two interact. Where to go to find facts for projects you have. Hopefully where to go to post information you have. Let's look up information one time and put it in a central location for the rest of time....or until Al Gore breaks the internet....:whis:

I'm putting this notice here instead of in each forum. While it applies to each forum here it applies to them all equally. WaT is designed with the intention that the entire wargaming community has a central location to go for answers. Not just WWII or tactical. The intention is to support all time periods in a single place.

Whether you are looking for the OOB for the Punic Wars or for Stalingrad we intend that the information can be found in a single place. Of course this is no small project and we can't do it alone. While I know quite a bit about the wars that the United States was involved in I know next to nothing about Napoleonics, or the Russian Civil War, the rest of you do.

So, we are absolutely looking for contributors to the history part of the site.

The wargames part of the site will be mostly discussion. We don't have ladders. All the rest of you have ladders. We don't need more ladders we need more game playing.

That brings us to the third reason for the site being setup. Intersite/club competitions. A neutral ground where multiple site competitions can be held. The first of these is starting today with the CM Masters Tournament.

You can come and register, look around, sign up for the tournament, post in the forums or whatever you like here:

War and Tactics Registration Page

We intend on working closely with entire wargaming community whether it be computer, board or miniatures gaming.

One Place for All Times...........

Come see us.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2008, 01:49 AM,
RE: A New Site
Ive registered Steve but to be honest the site crawls along at a snails pace and opening a thread gives me time to make a cup of tea. Im on a hi-spec computer and am using firefox... any ideas. I see other people commented on the speed too?
09-14-2008, 12:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2008, 12:56 PM by Mad Russian.)
Bootie Wrote:Ive registered Steve but to be honest the site crawls along at a snails pace and opening a thread gives me time to make a cup of tea. Im on a hi-spec computer and am using firefox... any ideas. I see other people commented on the speed too?

Not a clue. I have an older machine...quite a bit older in fact, and it runs fine for me. I've not seen another complaint from anyone about the speed of the site.

What I've seen is that the link won't hold when you do the URL. Not sure why that is. I've seen that before on other sites but not sure why it does that.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-14-2008, 01:33 PM,
This is from the WAt site?

Quote:Am I alone in having problems with page load speeds on this site? Everything seems to be v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. Yet the rest of the web seems fine. Is this a known issue?/something admin is aware of?/or am I just unlucky whenever I browse here?!

Cheers,
GMUK
09-15-2008, 01:01 PM,
Bootie Wrote:This is from the WAt site?

Quote:Am I alone in having problems with page load speeds on this site? Everything seems to be v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. Yet the rest of the web seems fine. Is this a known issue?/something admin is aware of?/or am I just unlucky whenever I browse here?!

Cheers,
GMUK

Thanks, we'll check it out.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-16-2008, 06:29 PM,
The site is very slow for me too. I've been there 4 times and it was slow evry time..
09-17-2008, 02:27 AM,
BertBlitzkrieg (FGM) Wrote:The site is very slow for me too. I've been there 4 times and it was slow evry time..

Okay, thanks.

Wonder what the difference is?

Whatever it is that makes 3 of you. I have a friend that went to the Matrix site and was getting involved but continually complained of the site being slow. None of the rest of us had a problem. Just him, in our group, I don't know if he was the only person to ever have a problem there....

Anyway that turned out to be settings with his ISP if I remember right.

He's in Houston without power for possibly a few weeks though and can't ask him. When he gets back we'll find out how he cured that same problem on another site.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-20-2008, 06:50 AM,
WaT on its new address
Yeah,

we finally made the move..

from the speed of a Ford-T with a megajump into a 911GT3RS

WaT

check it out!

a variety of OOB's, pictures and all kinds of info!

The new one is open since last week, week 46, so we're only at 48 members and about 600 posts.

You're free to wander around and when you feel interested register.

Due to spamactivities your registration has to be approved by myself.

greets,
Koen
visit WaT HERE!!!
12-01-2008, 07:53 AM,
first results of Steve 'MR''s tourney are coming in..

new movie reviews been posted

Alan posted new postcards

and more interesting stuff been posted

visit us and if interested register :kill:
visit WaT HERE!!!
12-01-2008, 09:02 AM,
Glad you guys got the speed issue sorted.