• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thinking of buying AOTR
08-25-2008, 06:57 AM,
Thinking of buying AOTR
I'm a real east front kick right now been playing playing panzer campaigns a lot lately.I'm mainly interested in the stalingrad map and other east front scenario's.My question is are there any good mods or expansion packs that deal with this title in particular.Have done avalon hills squad leader(purchased it when it first came out,gawd i'm old ) and combat mission etc..and how is the AI?...thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2008, 08:06 AM,
RE: Thinking of buying AOTR
Well i have just bought the game and i'm enjoying it very much, i have installed some great sound and graphics mods that really improve the feel of the game.

I can't speak for the AI because i have only played PBEM so far but the few scenarios i have played have been well balanced.

cheers
08-25-2008, 08:46 AM,
Buy it, you'll like it! :)
08-25-2008, 11:37 AM,
I really enjoy it.
08-25-2008, 02:14 PM,
what kinda of stalingrad scenarios are there and how big are they?
08-27-2008, 02:58 AM,
I don't have the game in front of me, but there's quite a few scenarios included on that - but none of them are huge, rather they focus on sub-sets of the main battle. However there is a huge map included with the game which would allow you to create any sized battle you wanted using the bulk of the city - if you wished.
08-27-2008, 10:19 AM,
U124IXB Wrote:I'm a real east front kick right now been playing playing panzer campaigns a lot lately.I'm mainly interested in the stalingrad map and other east front scenario's.My question is are there any good mods or expansion packs that deal with this title in particular.Have done avalon hills squad leader(purchased it when it first came out,gawd i'm old ) and combat mission etc..and how is the AI?...thanks.
My favorite PC game to date. Closest you will get to Squad Leader on the PC!
08-27-2008, 10:25 AM,
I don't play on the ladder but AOTR is a good one for sure. ;) Eagle Strike also.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
08-27-2008, 05:57 PM,
AOTR is probably the leading game in custom scenarios. You can get dozens of scenarios when TFE4 is (hopefully) online again.
08-28-2008, 10:03 AM,
Looks like you sold me,that and I am reading panzer battles right now.So I'll be picking it up asap thanks again for replies looking forward to seeing what kind of scenario's are out there.