• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Good call
08-19-2008, 01:09 AM,
Good call
Steel God quote -

"Hi Mick;
Years ago we had a current events forum that generated a lot of traffic, unfortunately most of the traffic generated was in bad blood between members because current events, by their very nature, are much less clear cut than historical events. That lack of clarity contributes to emotional passions governing the debates and not facts and academic points. For that reason we shut down the Current Events forum, and do not condone the posting of current event threads of a political nature"

Good call O Great One, there are plenty of 'Hot Potato' discussion forums, message boards and chatrooms around the net which I regularly frequent anyway..:)
In future I shall stick to innocent uncontroversial topics at Blitz that won't cause offence to anyone such as for example religion..;)
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2008, 01:23 AM,
RE: Good call
LOL

It is a pity that the Current Events thread was removed as it would be interesting to read other peoples opinions on events.

In the latest South Ossetia post by Mick which got closed it would be interesting to see how our Russian members perceived it.

I understand why it was closed as in my case my understanding of the situation (probably much like Micks) comes from the Western Press.

But as was sid there are plenty of places on the web where you can discuss it.
08-19-2008, 02:12 AM,
Actually Shane, this issue already showed a brief flare up on the normally civilized SP Forum boards, which has a large contingent of Russian members. Just another reason why politics is one of those conversations best avoided in polite company ;)
08-19-2008, 02:30 AM,
No I understand completely. It would be good if we had people who could discuss it politely... but I guess insuch things emotions run high.
08-19-2008, 03:45 AM,
Bootie Wrote:..but I guess insuch things emotions run high.

Yes mate, out-of-control handbags can be lethal weapons..;)
08-19-2008, 03:53 AM,
:)

But why give people the option to start swinging handbags over politics on a forum that is dedicated to gaming. Dont want any of our members to lose an eye.

Its all fun until someone gets hurt my Dad used to say.
08-19-2008, 04:35 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Its all fun until someone gets hurt my Dad used to say.

Yes there are always delicate flowers who can't handle good sensible debate and prefer to pout and go red in the face.
Me, I don't do pout..:)
Right Elv?

"Uh-huh"..
[Image: elvis1.jpg]
08-19-2008, 04:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2008, 05:16 AM by Kelen.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Yes there are always delicate flowers who can't handle good sensible debate

The problem is with differring opinions as to what constitutes 'good sensible debate'.

For example what one person considers a bit of 'innocent' humour or banter can be taken as being taken as an insult if it is a touchy subject, or one particulalrly personal to someone.
08-19-2008, 04:46 AM,
Exactly Kelen so best left well alone.
08-19-2008, 07:55 AM,
Quote Winston Churchill

The Worst Quarrels only arise when both sides are equally
in the right and in the wrong
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING