• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DG Nam music question.
08-10-2008, 09:12 AM,
DG Nam music question.
I've just installed the Nam mod for DG and i have to say it looks very good indeed so far.

One question though, what would be good 'nam era music to place in game and any ideas if there's any legally available free on the net e.g. music mods?

And yes i do know about Paint It Black by the Stones. :smoke:

Thx in advance.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2008, 10:30 AM,
RE: DG Nam music question.
The Doors, Iron Butterfly, just a couple that come to mind. Whoever was at Woodstock. cheers
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
08-11-2008, 07:29 AM,
One thing I should mention.

I put in some of my music mp3's in place of the old music files, and used the original file name. I had hoped that my new music would play, as the game would "think" that the file was the same as always because the file name was the same.

But alas, nothing plays now, except the original background sound that i did not change.

No big deal - I just have my mp3 player going with the 'Nam tunes.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
08-11-2008, 09:49 AM,
John Given Wrote:One thing I should mention.

I put in some of my music mp3's in place of the old music files, and used the original file name. I had hoped that my new music would play, as the game would "think" that the file was the same as always because the file name was the same.

But alas, nothing plays now, except the original background sound that i did not change.

No big deal - I just have my mp3 player going with the 'Nam tunes.

It's just a thought but did you leave your songs in mp3 format when you tried them in the mod because i think the game uses .wav files instead!

Try converting them from mp3 into .wav then renumber and try them again.

cheers
08-11-2008, 11:32 PM,
I wasn't aware of the .wav thing - I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I already have a file converter.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
08-11-2008, 11:45 PM,
I tried a Stones can't get no satisfaction but it was a huge file. If you get any wav files made please email me one or 2 of them.
08-12-2008, 02:20 AM,
I've downloaded several songs from iTunes now i just have to convert then into .wav files.

What is the converter program you are using?

Kept singing Wooly Bully at work....should have seen the looks i was getting from my work mates. Big Grin

cheers
08-12-2008, 02:30 AM,
I use Switch (http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html?...f2=swmsimg). It is free and not that great but it works and most important is free.
08-12-2008, 02:35 AM,
Thanks for that.....downloading it now.

:bow:
08-12-2008, 05:58 AM,
Well i have success. Big Grin

Converting them into .wav files does the trick nicely but as majog says the files are huge, up to 70mb, and you need about 14 of them if you want to replace all the background music.

Still i think it's well worth the effort. cheers