• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thanks and ladder points
08-08-2008, 10:28 PM,
Thanks and ladder points
Every now and then you play a game and you think that was good.

Often its the situation the design or your opponent that causes you to think that.

I have just finished a campaign game of S43 against Kharkov and that game was excellent for all 3 factors.

What made it particularly good was Kharkov is a good fair and humourous guy and stuck with the game through I think 260 turns.

I salute his play and behaviour.

He got squat points for the hours of play and I am sure like most of us the points do not matter to him.

I wonder if some sort of bonus for being a damn fine fellow could be introduced for these longer games.

Mike Bowen
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2008, 01:34 AM,
RE: Thanks and ladder points
Just in case anyone is confused Mike is refering to Bill Cations (Kharkov) and not the PzC title of the same name.

I agree with Mike, Bill is a credit to this ladder, you would not wish to talk to a more genuine guy. :bow:

I am afraid there is no extra points we can award even for a brave 260 turn losing effort.

I can award Bill 50 points for an excellent Player Profile i will be posting on the 15th, keep an eye out for that! :)
08-10-2008, 03:05 PM,
Well what can I say :eek1: ...blush....blush.....except thanks for your kind words Mike and Darran.

Mike and I did have a very enjoyable Sicily campaign game....made even more enjoyable by Mike's customary good humour and challenging play.

A true gentleman....just wish he wasn't so damn hard to beat :)

Bill
08-12-2008, 07:16 AM,
Wasn't there a bonus at one point for finishing every turn of one of the campaign games?
"When in doubt, lash out."
08-12-2008, 07:43 AM,
Yup, the criteria for that award is in the sticky thread top of this forum.

Problem is they only played 260 turns of a 300+ scenario.