• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TWIE Custom Scenario's
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM,
TWIE Custom Scenario's
Glenn after waiting patiently for the next instalment of TWIE for 3 years my patience has finally run out :hissy:

I have spent a lot of time mucking around with the Editor lately and I have figured out how to build a France 1944 or Poland 1944 scenario (yes with US and Russian troop types). Will I upset anyone at HPS if I make such material available here at the Blitz. I am almost certain I can build a combined map of all the maps supplied in TFB and build a 1944-1945 campaign covering central Europe.

I have not built the scenario's yet but I have the capability and desire. I am reluctant to forge ahead and produce these very interesting scenario's tho if I cannot make them available here, after all I want to play other club members.

Would I be ok to proceed?

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2008, 05:43 AM,
RE: TWIE Custom Scenario's
If he does read this post you can also contact him at....

[email protected]
08-08-2008, 10:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2008, 10:55 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
Krak Wrote:Glenn after waiting patiently for the next instalment of TWIE for 3 years my patience has finally run out :hissy:

I have spent a lot of time mucking around with the Editor lately and I have figured out how to build a France 1944 or Poland 1944 scenario (yes with US and Russian troop types). Will I upset anyone at HPS if I make such material available here at the Blitz. I am almost certain I can build a combined map of all the maps supplied in TFB and build a 1944-1945 campaign covering central Europe.

I have not built the scenario's yet but I have the capability and desire. I am reluctant to forge ahead and produce these very interesting scenario's tho if I cannot make them available here, after all I want to play other club members.

Would I be ok to proceed?

cheers

in a word - yes it would have implications and i would say no to proceeding. But I can't stop you of course - only see that an update plugs that ability.
Send this user an email
08-08-2008, 11:48 AM,
I respect your view and will adhere and not procede. But I would ask why would HPS be so negative to such scenario's when it appears this series is not a priority for them. I mean to keep people waiting over 3 years for new material after all the fanfare seems unfair. The engine and system are bascially sound, they already have a master map. How hard is it to release some new scenario's for the later war period? It does not seem right to put walls in front of scenario designers and at the same time offer nothing new themselves. Whats going on here? Why aren't we seeing anything new for this series? :chin:
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM,
Look - I am not going to get into a debate here - you asked for my opinion and I gave it too you.

If you want to go to the HPS Website and drop them a line you are welcome to it. There has been a lot of events that again I will not explain. There has been delays again which I won't explain about.

If you want to make a scn with the OOB and the maps that come with the game - then by all means do so. But if you alter the oob then it won't work and you will have to go to some other lengths to get around that I suppose. I don't know how myself but I suppose anything is possible to hack with enough time and inclination.
Send this user an email
08-09-2008, 12:09 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:Look - I am not going to get into a debate here - you asked for my opinion and I gave it too you.

If you want to go to the HPS Website and drop them a line you are welcome to it. There has been a lot of events that again I will not explain. There has been delays again which I won't explain about.

If you want to make a scn with the OOB and the maps that come with the game - then by all means do so. But if you alter the oob then it won't work and you will have to go to some other lengths to get around that I suppose. I don't know how myself but I suppose anything is possible to hack with enough time and inclination.

Can you not edit the OOB in TWIE?
08-09-2008, 12:43 AM,
You can use the unit already created but you cannot, for example, create an American infantry division in the game (unless you take an English an call it American and keep the values of a 1940 Division). The only thing you can do is to use what is already in the game.

The system is very different from the PzC. In PzC you can create your own oob, pdt etc...
On TFB you create a scenario with the units provided by the system.
Send this user an email
08-09-2008, 06:21 AM,
Tortue Agile Wrote:You can use the unit already created but you cannot, for example, create an American infantry division in the game (unless you take an English an call it American and keep the values of a 1940 Division). The only thing you can do is to use what is already in the game.

The system is very different from the PzC. In PzC you can create your own oob, pdt etc...
On TFB you create a scenario with the units provided by the system.

I have just ordered the game, with the intention of creating some modded scenarios. I think I will quickly call my supplier and cancel that then.
08-09-2008, 07:56 AM,
I would get the game anyhow. Its a very good division level game. The potential for other games in North Africa, the East etc is very promising. But HPS need to get the ball rolling again in this series.
08-09-2008, 08:24 AM,
Seconded about the game - get it. It's limited, given the time frame and opponents, but worth buying.

While the delay is frustrating it may foretell a big leap in division level games. There are reputedly some good one's out there, but nothing has recreated the buzz and fan base that the Europa series did for board games way back when. An equivalent of Fire in East for PC is worth waiting for. Especially with HPS's well earned reputation for support and updates.

I don't doubt it's tough sledding design-wise. Take the time you need, HPS... (he says while drumming his fingers annoyingly... Big Grin)
"History is replete with historically stupid campaigns that make great games." Marquo