• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Couple of questions.
08-07-2008, 08:35 AM,
Couple of questions.
I have a few questions that look as i might i can't find in the online manual so i thought i'd ask the vets. :smoke:

1. Are the front three facing hexs of an armoured vehicle considered it's frontal armour with the others being it's flanks and rear?

2. In the terrain info box sometimes it has O, OC and VO. What do these mean?

3. Can you combine understrength squads into one full strength squad?

Thx in advance.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2008, 12:23 AM,
RE: Couple of questions.
Fubar Wrote:1. Are the front three facing hexs of an armoured vehicle considered it's frontal armour with the others being it's flanks and rear?

Here is what I found from the manual.

"Facing Effect
When a Vehicle has an armor value that is equal to or greater than the Hard Vehicle Armor parameter data value from the Parameter Data Dialog, and the fire on the Vehicle is not from an Indirect Fire weapon or fire from Air or Artillery Support, then the armor value of the Vehicle is modified according to the direction the fire is coming in:

The Basics
• When the fire is coming through the forward hexside, then the armor value is 150% of normal.
• When the fire is coming through any of the 2 left hexsides or 2 right hexsides, then the armor value is 100% of normal.
• When the fire is coming through the rear hexside, the armor value is 75% of normal.
When the fire splits two hexsides, the adjustment is the one less favorable to the Vehicle."

Fubar Wrote:2. In the terrain info box sometimes it has O, OC and VO. What do these mean?

And this is what I found on the terrain.

"Certain codes may follow the terrain description that identifies specific features of that terrain:
• X – The terrain is Destroyed.
• I – Indirect Fire is not possible from this hex.
• W – The hex may not be entered by Wheeled Vehicles not using road movement.
• T – The hex may not be entered by Tracked Vehicles not using road movement.
• V – The hex may not be entered by either Wheeled or Tracked Vehicles not using road movement.
• O – The terrain is Obstructed and prevents landing by helicopters.
• C – The terrain is Covered and generates a special Immobile test when vehicles assault into it."

Fubar Wrote:3. Can you combine understrength squads into one full strength squad?

No, but you can re-man heavyweapons with units with enough men to take control!
08-08-2008, 02:24 AM,
Many thanks Dazooz, what program do you use to open the online manual?

When i try to open them it says it can't find Word '97 and then crashes. Eek

:bow:
08-08-2008, 03:57 AM,
I always open up the PDF file from the start menu actually.
08-08-2008, 08:42 PM,
The older titles use the Microsoft Help file format & Word documents as backup (you can download a free Word Viewer from the Microsoft site). The newer titles use PDF format only.