• Downloads

Africa at War
08-05-2008, 01:59 PM,
Africa at War
Where do I get a copy of this game?
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2008, 10:35 PM,
RE: Africa at War
AAW is actually a mod that you use with the Pacific War game. Typically it is found at Task Force Echo Four, but its host, The Wargamer, is going through some changes/issues and the site hasn't been up for about a month. If you don't have Pacific War, you'll need to get it first, then once the site goes up, the DLing and installation is pretty straight forward.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
08-06-2008, 03:31 AM,
I've been thinking of buying Pacific War just so i can play this mod, but what exactly do you get in the AAW mod. Would it cover lets say the battle for Crete?
08-06-2008, 03:49 AM,
Fubar Wrote:I've been thinking of buying Pacific War just so i can play this mod, but what exactly do you get in the AAW mod. Would it cover lets say the battle for Crete?

No, it covers modern warfare in Southwest Africa & Nigeria (Could be more, but remember those off the top of my head).
08-06-2008, 04:10 AM,
Ahhh.....now don't i feel the fool. Big Grin

Still sounds interesting though.

cheers
08-06-2008, 04:46 AM,
Yeah, it's not a WWII mod, if that's what you're looking for.

I've been doing a bit more reading and such about the fighting in the Mediterranean, especially Italy during WWII. Brutal stuff. I think that theater of operations would make an interesting SB game. Lots and lots of infantry fighting without a ton of tank support due to the difficult terrain.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
08-06-2008, 05:01 AM,
The invasion of Crete would be the perfect infantry heavy game for a SqB game.
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM,
Fubar Wrote:The invasion of Crete would be the perfect infantry heavy game for a SqB game.

I had made a couple of Crete scenarios for ES. They used the Allied Mod. And yes I agree Aegean-Italian theatre witnessed some of the most brutal infantry fights of the war. They are virtually forgotten fronts though.
08-07-2008, 02:12 AM,
Ozgur Budak Wrote:I had made a couple of Crete scenarios for ES. They used the Allied Mod. And yes I agree Aegean-Italian theatre witnessed some of the most brutal infantry fights of the war. They are virtually forgotten fronts though.

Maybe it's time to remind people about all those battles then. Big Grin

I'd like to play Italian vs Greek or maybe some partisan fights up in the hills against convoys or outposts.

cheers
08-08-2008, 11:36 PM,
Although I have these games and mod's I'm so busy with a fast paced PZC game and also WitP campaign that they remain in my vaults.
However the Commonwealth mod for ES is a joy and work of art, as is the Africa at War game mod, have installed z1812 SAW figure mod into AaW as it's modern figures, seem's to work OK.

I've paid tribute to z1812 figures on map mod before, but again this is the way forward, I salute you for this wonderful work.