• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Divided Ground + DV mods question.
08-03-2008, 05:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2008, 09:42 AM by Fubar.)
Divided Ground + DV mods question.
During my latest foray into my old games cupboard i found a sealed copy of Talonsoft's Divided Ground. Eek

Does anyone play this game and if so whats the latest patch number, or have Matrix re-released this game like the other CS & BG titles?

I had a quick look at their website and couldn't see any mention of it.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2008, 05:36 AM,
RE: Divided Ground question.
I have it installed plus the Vietnam, Korean War and Cold War mods but haven't played in a while. In the blitz ftp are the official 1.02 patch plus a bunch of club patches/mods.

Rumour has it that Matrix got DG as part of the deal but the source code got lost. Decision was made to make a post WWII version based on JTCS. ETA unknown.
08-03-2008, 05:43 AM,
RE: Divided Ground question.
Mods......did you say mods?

I love mods, thanks for the info i'll start installing it and looking up these patches and mods.

Many thx. :bow:
08-03-2008, 09:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2008, 09:41 AM by Fubar.)
RE: Divided Ground + DV mods question.
OK i've patched to 1.02 and downloaded every mod file on the Blitz's ftp site but i have a question.

I googled this site up and it seems to be the Nam mod but the files it mentions are different in name to the files from the Blitz. What are the most current files in common use at the moment?

cheers
08-03-2008, 10:12 AM,
Try Jorge Grillo's site for the Nam mod:

http://www.freewebs.com/dgvnmods/index.htm

Mike Amos has the Korean mod:

https://www.theblitz.club/mods/index.php

Stefan (Panther) is working on the cold war mod:

[email protected]
08-07-2008, 07:32 PM,
Hi Fubar,

Major Anton is right. We are working on a modern War Project, based on Divided Ground. It reflects the situation between the Nato and WP armies stationed on german ground, the name until today is Cold War Europe.

Timeline is 1948-1991, all nations will be adapted. The Bundeswehr (released) and the Nationale Volksarmee (east German Army) are complete new. The language is german and we try to give this version an own character.

All is very time intensive and we don´t have an exact date for the release. But i don´t think it will be ready before spring 2009.

Regards,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
08-08-2008, 01:55 AM,
HI,

@Panther

will this be available anytime in JTCS too ?
Or miss the JTCS series [EF/WF/RS] an important funktion from DG ?
[dont know DG]
The pictures in the matrix forum from project cold war looks GREAT !

Regards
R-TEAM
08-08-2008, 08:32 PM,
Hi R-TEAM,

thanks for your interesting.

Available in JTCS? I don´t know! I hope so but it is a long way to go. The old DG and the new Matrix version use different codes. But if we find a way to make it possible without millions of work hours ... Big Grin

Regards,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
08-10-2008, 09:36 AM,
Is there a No-CD patch for either DG or DGNam as it's the only game i need to actually keep using the CD's for!

Thought i saw a post about it but can't seem to find it.
08-16-2008, 07:56 AM,
I was just reading about the Korea mod for DG and see that it comes with no scenarios, have any been made? I have looked in the Blitzs scenario database but couldn't see any.

I dont want to waste time downloading a 100mb mod if there is nothing or no one to play with.

cheers