• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Boardgaming Lives On
08-02-2008, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2008, 05:27 AM by Maakt Droog.)
Boardgaming Lives On
Just came across this, as well as a recent lament about boardgaming, and thought I'd post the following link to the World Boardgaming Championships (or "WBC"), hosted by the Board Players Association.

Here's the link: http://www.boardgamers.org/

Seems this is an annual event in Lancaster, PA. Might not be of much benefit to our friends across the pond, and, uh, oceans, but maybe some will find it of interest.

Quite a collection of boardgames being played, and not just wargames, although they seem to be the favorites.

The event is roughly a week long and there is information for accommodations, etc., as well as stuff for kids.
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2008, 11:00 AM,
RE: Boardgaming Lives On
I went to Origins Game Conventions (sponsored by Avalon Hill) a couple of times in late 1980s and they were some of the best gaming times I ever had. None stop face to face board games for 4 days. Big Grin
08-02-2008, 11:06 AM,
I sort of missed the whole board gaming phenomenon with my only sort of strategy game played on a board was Battle Cars :)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2368

Man I loved that game.
08-02-2008, 11:39 AM,
I am stil playing RISk with friends. I love that game.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM,
Does Monopoly and Scrabble count??
08-02-2008, 11:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2008, 11:58 AM by wigam.)
haha, you can't spell so scrabble is no good for you and you get lost too easy so that counts out monoply. ;)
Send this user an email
08-02-2008, 11:59 AM,
I'll have you know I was the Northern Ireland schools Scrabble champion... I'll take you on any day!!
08-02-2008, 12:04 PM,
haha, It'll have to be a nuetral location. Can't have the crowd getting in on it and giving an unfair advantage. Cause you know there would be a huge crowd. lol.

How about Cuba ?? ;)
Send this user an email
08-02-2008, 12:07 PM,
Cuba... 9 points unless you get a double or triple word/letter score.

How about Zimbabwe.
08-02-2008, 12:19 PM,
ol Rob M would have you as soon as the plane touched down. he would confiscate your gold embroaded scarbble board.
Send this user an email