• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPI games now on PC.
08-01-2008, 11:56 PM,
Thumbs_Up  SPI games now on PC.
Just thought i would flag up that you can play many of the old SPI board games on your PC at http://www.hexwar.com i have been enjoying playing Napoleons Last Battles which was a SPI quad game i owned years ago.

The maps are 100% the same, as are the rules, boy if only we had this 20 years ago.................

Only downside is that if you want full access you will have to play for it! :(
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2008, 01:16 AM,
RE: SPI games now on PC.
HPS has a program called Aide de Camp that allows you to port almost any board game to the PC for use in PBEM play. You can buy game sets, or make them yourself, although most people I know buy the game sets and save a TON of work.
08-02-2008, 01:45 AM,
This is interesting, I have collected SPI games for many years - they are changing hands at mad prices now - I don't know about wanting it 20 years ago, 30 years may be closed. In some ways I think it's sad that computers have just about killed off real head to head gamingCry
08-11-2008, 05:30 AM,
Wolfman Wrote:This is interesting, I have collected SPI games for many years - they are changing hands at mad prices now - I don't know about wanting it 20 years ago, 30 years may be closed. In some ways I think it's sad that computers have just about killed off real head to head gamingCry

Computers may have killed of real head to head gaming but consider this. When you started playing how many gamers did you know and were able to actually do head to head gaming. Where I grew up there was ONE other than me.

Now, I'm a member of a site that has 7996 members. Not all of them are active of course but way more than the ONE I grew with is.

Good Hunting.

MR