• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spooky
07-17-2008, 05:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2008, 10:25 AM by Steel God.)
Spooky
HiHi

"Damn me soul if it ain't downright spooky."

Vultures post re 'War in Peace - UK' had got me thinking it might be nice to actually meet up with fellow Blitzers, put a face to your opponent, get to know folk better etc. etc. then up pops Paul's Meet the Members forum aimed in the same general direction. :chin:

Now as it happens the small Hotel chain I work for has just launched a new 'Staff initiative' featuring special rates for Staff, quote, "£30 per night B&B (two persons)", very reasonable (might even be negotiable if enough interest) and with cheap flights might even make it accessible for folk in Europe, or if fabulously rich (say like Blitz HQ staff :-) ) from even further afield.

The area is stuffed full of Historical interest ranging from Roman to WWII, so anyone wishing to explore could have a field-day.

If enough folk were interested ‘in principle’ I could get to organizing something; just as a taster here’s the link to my Hotel, http://www.manorhousehotel.net/welcome.asp the others you could Google yourselves they are ’ The Honest Lawyer’, near Durham, & ‘The Victoria’ at Bamburgh all are within a Bus/train journey of Newcastle & Darlington airports.

Folk wanting to bring wives/girlfriends could arm them with a credit card (!!!????? Eek) and shoo them off to the Metro shopping complex while the chaps yak about infantry tactics/ tanks/commanders over a ‘Pint or 5’ etc. cheers

Aaaanyhow there’s the idea anyone interested?

PS RD/Paul if this ain't an appropriate place for the post shift it elsewhere.

All the Best
Peter

Edit: I moved this over to General Discussion to be near Vulture's thread about War in Peace, and fixed the first paragraph to account for the correct phrasing after the move. Also fixed the spelling in the word organizing for as you silly UK spell checker put an s in the word :cheeky:
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2008, 10:26 AM,
RE: Spooky
If this works out I would love to see some pictures of the attendees.
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM,
HiHi

Cheers for the edit etc Paul actually the spelling fault may be mine as I'm dyslexic, long posts i do run through Spellcheck, short ones I plough ahead and hope :rolleyes: but that one obviously sliped through.

Yer if anything comes of it will take camara, fire away and send in photos.

All the Best
Peter
07-17-2008, 09:43 PM,
Ah, than a 1000 pardons Peter. I thought I was picking at one of those uniquely English mis-spellings that you are all so enamored of, and not an honest mistake. Big Grin
07-18-2008, 01:14 AM,
Steel God Wrote:one of those uniquely English mis-spellings that you are all so enamored of,

The mis-spellings are American, Paul, not English :stir:
As I seem to have to point out on a monthly basis...the language we speak is called English...not American, and long may it remain that way!!!
Your version is just plain lazy :soap:

I would love to meet up with some fellow Blitzers....but it's a long way from Melbourne to where the rest of you hang out :hissy:
cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
07-18-2008, 01:59 AM,
HiHi

Hey Paul no need for pardons etc honestly.

I didn't find out till 6 months before my finals at Uni (I was 40 at the time) yet I had lived, loved, lusted, and generally lolled about just fine without knowing (although it did explain some probs with early education etc.).

In case there are any younger folk out there worried about being Dyslexic, take my word for it when you get to understand Dyslexia you realise you are actually very gifted in many ways, not least the ability for 3D thinking; none of this outdate plodding linear, A,B,C,D, to Z stuff, we can often do it A, J, N, Z, get there a lot quicker and leave the folks with limited attributes behind. :soap:

Cheers Walrus I was thinking of making some tongue in cheek comment about a National linguistics that can’t spell Honour or Colour correctly ... but chickened out :)

All the Best
Peter
07-18-2008, 02:04 AM,
HiHi

Hey Paul no need for pardons etc honestly.

I didn't find out till 6 months before my finals at Uni (I was 40 at the time) yet I had lived, loved, lusted, and generally lolled about just fine without knowing (although it did explain some probs with early education etc.).

In case there are any younger folk out there worried about being Dyslexic, take my word for it when you get to understand Dyslexia you realise you are actually very gifted in many ways, not least the ability for 3D thinking; none of this outdate plodding linear, A,B,C,D, to Z stuff, we can often do it A, J, N, Z, get there a lot quicker and leave the folks with limited attributes behind. :soap:

Cheers Walrus I was thinking of making some tongue in cheek comment about a National linguistics that can’t spell Honour or Colour correctly ... but chickened out :)

All the Best
Peter
07-18-2008, 02:07 AM,
HiHi

Now theres bloody irony for you! Saying how gifted dyslexics can be and then go and do a double post, Sheeeee! :rolleyes:

All the Best
Peter
07-18-2008, 02:33 AM,
God Bless Noah Webster for freeing America from the Tyranny of the Aristocratic (and generally incoherent) Queen's English and giving us the gift of AMERICAN English Big Grin

Peter...Dyslexia is treat able. Try a support group such as DAM. Mothers Against Dyslexia. ;)
07-18-2008, 07:12 PM,
HiHi

...Dyslexia is treat able. [color=#000000] Wot! and become "normal" :thumbs_down:

Mothers Against Dyslexia, MAD you don't have to be dyslexic to be mad but you sure as hell get a different perspective on reality! :cool:

... Errr ... Thinking about it though, can I make tentative enquires as to the exact nature of the, “support”, the Mothers might be offering!?? :chin: Cuddles, soft warm breasts to lay ones head against, that sort of thing? if so count me in :thumbs_up:

All the Best
Peter