• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Low fuel
07-16-2008, 11:50 PM,
Low fuel
Am I reading the rules correctly? I believe they say that any unit not detached (=inside the command range, aka the 50% marker) will not go low fuel, ever.
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2008, 03:42 AM,
RE: Low fuel
Well the rules state.........

"The range test to determine if a unit becomes Low On Fuel is passed provided:

·The HQ of the unit is not Out of Command, and

·The distance from the unit to the HQ is within the Command Radius of the HQ."

So the answer is "yes" they can if their Hq is out of command, even if your unit is inside the command range of that Hq.
07-17-2008, 07:05 AM,
Hey Darran, got some advice for me? My car has been on "Low Fuel" ever since the price of a barrel of oil went above $100.
07-17-2008, 08:32 AM,
Yup, buy a good bike and use that to get to work, i save a stack of money and get fit at the same time, your classic "double bubble" ! Big Grin
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM,
So distance from HQ is irrelevant as long as the unit is in the HQ's 50% command limit?
07-21-2008, 02:42 PM,
Vaevictis Wrote:So distance from HQ is irrelevant as long as the unit is in the HQ's 50% command limit?

I dont think there's any 50% limitation. Never heard or read of this, and read the rules 7 years ago, and have been posting in this forum ever since 2002 (close to 6 years).

health comrade cheers
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM,
The test for low fuel on the midnight turn considers the range to the HQ only when the unit is outside the command radius of the unit's HQ.

The refueling test that occurs each turn after the midnight turn for low fuel units, does consider the range to the unit's HQ. Thus to refuel, it is best to move as close to the units HQ as possible when a units wants to recover from low fuel status.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-21-2008, 03:45 PM,
alaric99x Wrote:Hey Darran, got some advice for me? My car has been on "Low Fuel" ever since the price of a barrel of oil went above $100.

Have you suffered a one step morale loss? ;)
Send this user an email
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM,
Could have dropped him to "No morale"!!! Big Grin
07-21-2008, 09:17 PM,
No, I just won't let it influence my morale. You know what they say, "I'll give up my car when they pry my cold, dead fingers from the steering wheel."

But since you guys are concerned about my morale, what would really make me happy would be to find a Segway under the Christmas tree. There's still time to make that happen for me, if somebody would start a collection.....