• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Player Profile #21 PK Powers
07-16-2008, 02:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2008, 02:04 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Player Profile #21 PK Powers
What is your real name?
Phil K. Powers.

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?
Keep it simple, that’s my policy.

What ladders are you represented on?
I’ve been active on all of them one time or another, just shows I own too many games.

What is your favourite PC War-game?
All-time favourite would have to be any reincarnation of Steel Panthers.

Who has been your hardest opponent?
It would have to be Volcano Man ; A few years ago he beat me something like 20 times in a row, and every loss held a lesson.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?
I think I’ve been around since it started. Smolensk was the only game on the ladder.

What War interests you the most?
The American Civil War.

If you could choose to be present at one military historical event what would it be?
I would like to stand in the background and watch the Battle of Gettysburg unfold.

What is your favourite War movie?
“Das Boot” and for a series I like “Band of Brothers.”

What do you snack on while gaming?
No snacks…just COFFEE and lots’ of it!!!

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?
I enjoy the wide variety of tournaments to play in.

I don't enjoy opponents that vanish after 2 turns but that’s not the Blitz’s fault.

Do you own any war memorabilia?
I own many weapons but none considered memorabilia.

What is the best military book you have read?
“It never snows in September” by R. Kershaw.
Also “Hitler moves East” by P. Carell.

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII?
The Battle of Britain handed Hitler his first major loss, and after this it was nothing but downhill.

What is the most interesting military documentary you have ever watched?
“The World at War” by the BBC.

Which is your favourite HPS PzC title?
My favourite is still Tobruk 41, I enjoy the wide open desert.

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?
Keep an eye on AGEOD’s site, they make the only “strategic” level games I can get into.

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?
Fire the first salvo, always be aggressive, and once you get your enemy down don’t let them up!
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2008, 04:57 AM,
RE: Player Profile #21 PK Powers
Good read!

I remember the time where we played non stop desert games together. I *had* a good head for desert combat and I used to excel there several years ago, but now I have either lost my ability or everyone else has caught up! What was it that Napoleon said again? Something about fighting the same opponent long enough that they will figure you out and destroy you. :)
Send this user an email
07-16-2008, 05:10 AM,
Volcano Man Wrote:What was it that Napoleon said again? Something about fighting the same opponent long enough that they will figure you out and destroy you. :)

"You son of a bitch! I read your book!" :whis:
07-16-2008, 05:47 AM,
Liebchen Wrote:"You son of a bitch! I read your book!" :whis:

Sound like George C. Scott!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-16-2008, 05:56 AM,
Volcano Man Wrote:Good read!

I remember the time where we played non stop desert games together. I *had* a good head for desert combat and I used to excel there several years ago, but now I have either lost my ability or everyone else has caught up! What was it that Napoleon said again? Something about fighting the same opponent long enough that they will figure you out and destroy you. :)

Also Phil did not have the CW "Mongol Horde" strategy in his armoury! :eek1: ;)

I think we have caught up with you some, there is a certain "style" to playing the desert titles, some players coming from the fairly static EF/WF titles struggle some with the loose ZOC, lack of terrain and the huge MP allowances i think. :chin:
07-16-2008, 05:58 AM,
Good also to see you agree with me about the Battle Of Britain being the crucial moment of WW2. :soap: ;)
07-16-2008, 06:40 AM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:
Liebchen Wrote:"You son of a bitch! I read your book!" :whis:

Sound like George C. Scott!

Dog Soldier

:chin: Uhh, ya think? :rolleyes:

(Actually, upon further reflection, it should have been "you magnificent bastard," not "you son of a bitch"... but the gist is the same.)
07-16-2008, 04:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2008, 04:35 PM by U124IXB.)
hmmm... sounds like my kinda guy "interests the most" american civil war...check
favorite war movie...das boot check.
fav documentary world at war check.
place to watch military event unfold,gettysburgh check(mcphersons ridge 1st day)
favorite book paul carell hitler moves east..check again
although 'd really have to say a tie with Dr. martin's fabulous book "gettsyburgh the first day"

As for most important event of world war two I'd have to go with the german drive to relieve stalingrad the turning point of ww2.

Favorite pzc game...hmm well im just strating to go through them bought kursk when it first came out didnt go for smolensk and other titles because i thought they were rehashes of talon softs games wich left me feeling dry...boy was I wrong they are superb! Although I'm really liking moscow 41 an smolensk 41. Moscow 41 is kinda like the old spi board game operation typhoon(one of my all time favorites) except it's on steroids, I just can't get enough of it.