• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WPC beat WAW
07-09-2008, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2008, 11:20 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
WPC beat WAW
I see my old club the WPC recently staged an interesting team tourney against WAW with each player being paired off in a mirror game against a player from the other club, and WPC won.
I only mention it because the tourney format is refreshingly neat and simple..:)
(PS-I didn't play in it myself but I was a CM Training Instructor at WPC in 2006)..

[Image: toura.png]
[Image: tourb.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2008, 07:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2008, 07:44 PM by Bootie.)
RE: WPC beat WAW
I see WPC is all German players and the WaW have a majority of Eastern European players... interesting.
07-09-2008, 08:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2008, 08:58 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Yes the WPC is Germany-based and has got the proud strong well-organised German "einheit" (unity) doctrine that I like, that's why I've been a member for 4 years..;)
They welcome foreigners though, go here and click 'Tabelle 2008' on the left to scan down the ladder and see members various national flags, I'm currently ranked 55th out of about 70 members. (I've only played two games there so far this year, lost 1, drew 1)

http://www.wargames-player-club.de/cm/cm-main.htm

Got this invite from one of their bosses a couple of days ago trying to lure me back with the hint of a promotion to Field Marshall..;)

"Hi Mick! How are you?
You have the chance to be promoted to a "Generalfeldmarschall", but you have to be successful... ;-)
..you are, as previous, a General in the WPC, but there are some ranks to go
So, stand up and fight in the WPC! We have some new members, that are not knowing your tactics... ;-)
And also, when you are klicking through the CM-Websites of the WPC, you will see, that the WPC-CM-Team has reached a victory over WaW. :-)))"

He also wants me to host one of my tourneys at WPC but I had to sadly decline because most of them don't speak English and my superlatively witty screenshot captions wouldn't therefore be understood..

PS- Here's a shot of some of their members at the Bastogne War Museum, the guy hanging on the gun had a Stuka pilot grandad, he sent me pics of his medals and stuff.

[Image: wpc1.jpg]
07-09-2008, 08:41 PM,
Seeing as you are well liked on the site perhaps at some stage we could arrange a Blitz v WPC game.

I like the idea of a get together. Phil Davies used to arrange the Blitz Big Day Out... maybe something to think about in the future.

We could go down to the south of England, do Bovington and The D-Day museum before stopping in at The Imperial War Museum on the way home.... you can provide the cups of tea ;)
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM,
How many of this ugly bunch do you recognise?? ;)

[Image: rert.jpg]
07-09-2008, 09:05 PM,
2nd from right is Phil Davies !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
07-09-2008, 09:07 PM,
I know gil, phil, and herb :) that's all from the right.. in order
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
07-09-2008, 09:33 PM,
So who is the guy who isnt in the 'jeans' club??
07-15-2008, 02:22 AM,
hey pos,dont talk rubbish.most wpc-members speak english and read different(english) sides :whis:.
by the way,your german is not that good right :smoke:

but wpc wants to get more international,so we try to host our side in english too!but members from all over the world are welcome.if somebody wants to join but got problems with the registration,just write me and i will help :).
07-15-2008, 03:59 AM,
Bootie Wrote:I see WPC is all German players and the WaW have a majority of Eastern European players... interesting.

jawoll!the german wpc need more land,and we begin with the east :smg: