• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Player Profile #20 TET2
07-02-2008, 06:32 AM,
Player Profile #20 TET2
What is your real name?
Tobias Timm

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?
They are the initials of my name: Tobias Emanual Timm 2, my nickname is T-squared. I could not figure out the exponential format for my name.

What ladders are you represented on?
PzC.

What is your favourite PC War-game?
PzC, did have some fun with the COD series.

Who has been your hardest opponent?
Rick Bancroft (Ricky B) and Dave Gillies (Sgt. Fury). Rick is very resourceful and infinitely more patient and methodical than me. Dave’s style of play is very similar to my own, aggressive and takes more risks. Both are top shelf players and fine gentlemen who possess a good sense of humour.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?
Since 2003. Gaming for 30+ yrs. (I am ONLY 48) I Can’t believe I just said that!

What War interests you the most?
WWII, European Theatre.

If you could choose to be present at one military historical event what would it be?
D-Day, when Ike found out he would not have to submit his letter taking the blame for the failure of the invasion.

What is your favourite War movie?
Cross of Iron, Saving Private Ryan

What do you snack on while gaming?
No snacking, just Ice Water and my I-Tunes.

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?
Favourite, the competition and camaraderie from my few select opponents. The games are enjoyable and challenging, but the true enjoyment comes from playing against your friends, the sportsmanship that we exhibit towards one another, and were you can share strategy, life outside of gaming, while doing so in a humorous manner.

Least, poor sportsmanship (a rare occurrence here at the Blitz) and cherry picking opponents well below your skill level.

Do you own any war memorabilia?
A few medals given to me by my family from WWII.

What is the best military book you have read?
That is a tough one I have read so many. As a young man Enemy at the Gates and A Time for Trumpets kept me riveted to my seat. I tend to enjoy books centred on particular battles which then record the tactical aspects of that battle. Just love the tactics.

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII? Others have already mentioned the U.S. entry into the war and Germany’s failure to go to Total War, so I will suggest Hitler’s psychotic campaign of annihilation against the suppressed people of Russia. If he had invaded Russia as a liberator rather than an annihilator things may have turned out differently. Thank God it did not.

What is the most interesting military documentary you have ever watched?
I enjoy the Military Channel from time to time.

Which is your favourite HPS PzC title?
S41, K43, M44.

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?
Only the PzC series. I will always aspire to once again play A.S.L. face-to-face sometime in the future, there was simply nothing comparable to that experience.

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?
Wisdom, nay, but here are a few concepts...

1) Utilize the indirect approach in your strategy.
2) Always look to create a mismatch on the battlefield like in sports. Two equal opponents will only end in a draw. You have to balance dominating in one area of the battlefield while staying alive in the weakened area.
3) You best defensive line is only as strong as your weakest link.
4) Disrupt/Isolate/Destroy, repeat as often as necessary.
5) Learn to laugh at yourself and don’t take this hobby too seriously, it is after all just a game.
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2008, 07:33 AM,
RE: Player Profile #20 TET2
Thanks for the tips, and mention, Tobias. A good read.

Just remember, to put up with you requires infinite patience :). Just kidding!

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM,
Thanks for a good read Tobias. I share your likes and dislikes. Always nice to come to the OpC Ladder for a dose of sanity and civility.
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM,
Sanity and civility????? What, are you crazy or something? What in the world is going thru your freakin mind this morningbesides the circulation in the room???????? Big Grin

hahahaha just kidding. It was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. :smoke:
07-03-2008, 07:17 AM,
TET2 Wrote:What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?
Favourite, the competition and camaraderie from my few select opponents. The games are enjoyable and challenging, but the true enjoyment comes from playing against your friends, the sportsmanship that we exhibit towards one another, and were you can share strategy, life outside of gaming, while doing so in a humorous manner.

Amen to that................:bow:
07-03-2008, 02:31 PM,
Nice read Tobias.

I also thought about returning to ASL some day for FTF board gaming. The problem is my daughter's cats. I would never have a cat in the house in my board gaming days.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp