• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rail Movement
07-01-2008, 06:29 AM,
Rail Movement
Forgive me but I have to ask, how do you use rail movement? I have units with full movement points remaining at the beginning of the round and try to put them in rail mode but it just won't happen. Does not matter if they are in transport (T) mode or not, they won't go into rail mode. So what am I doing wrong?

:(

The manual is in .docx format, my office CD is stuck in my other PC with a fried MB (yeah I know). Got a new MB some time ago but haven't been arsed to swap it yet. That's my pathetic excuse anyway. :soap:
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2008, 06:54 AM,
RE: Rail Movement
33vortex Wrote:Forgive me but I have to ask, how do you use rail movement? I have units with full movement points remaining at the beginning of the round and try to put them in rail mode but it just won't happen. Does not matter if they are in transport (T) mode or not, they won't go into rail mode. So what am I doing wrong?

:(

The manual is in .docx format, my office CD is stuck in my other PC with a fried MB (yeah I know). Got a new MB some time ago but haven't been arsed to swap it yet. That's my pathetic excuse anyway. :soap:

A few thoughts

The unit can not be broken

The unit has to be on a rail line

Check your pdt file (F4) for your rail movement capacity isn't zero, i.e..

Russian Rail Capacity: 20 Axis Rail Capacity: 20
07-01-2008, 06:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 06:56 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
This might be your problem?? :chin:

"Furthermore, units can only convert to Rail Mode if they are in a hex containing a valid rail line and their side must have a rail capacity (defined in Parameter Data). " ;)

*Looks like FLG beat me to the post*
07-01-2008, 07:42 AM,
Oh, just looked at the F4 box (new to me) and it says axis has no rail capacity!

lol

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.