• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rogues Gallery
06-30-2008, 03:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 03:06 PM by McIvan.)
Rogues Gallery
Red Devil Wrote:The Blitz Rogues Gallery Will be closed down.

Since some members of the CM community have decided to abuse the fact that I have pictures of members posted in the gallery, and are using them for activities other than their intended purpose, by manipulating, modifying and disorientating the images and subsequently posting the modified images on the Internet elsewhere, the Gallery will have to be closed to prevent further abuse by anyone who has such disrespect for their fellow members.

This also affects the member page Images, as these images are tied into the Gallery.

Sadly the actions of some have affected the privileges of many once again.
I wish to express my dismay at this, in my opinion, silly overreaction.

OK, Red Devil was recently the butt of a photoshop joke using his profile pic and he didn't like it. Well, fair enough. Red Devil complained about it to the prankster concerned and the image (which was harmless) was removed.

For the record, I'm writing as someone who, in the past, has had my own picture used as a photoshop joke by our new CM Tournament Master, yet I took it in good humour. I certainly didn't proceed to throw any toys.

There was no reason to assume that the entire Rogues Gallery was somehow in any danger, and it is a deliberate untruth by Red Devil to say that images (plural) were being misused by members (plural). Should have just stuck to the facts.

So over that one issue that concerns only himself, Red Devil has deleted the entire Rogues Gallery and thereby everyone's profile picture, painting an exaggerated picture that he knows isn't true and using that exaggeration to cast the blame for this overreaction at a particular group of people as a whole.

I think it's a complete nonsense :cheeky:

On the other hand, it provides the opportunity for a cleanout of the old photos of long gone members and an opportunity to publicise a new Rogues Gallery amongst the forums...get some updated pictures in. I would be happy to volunteer my services to do this and the necessary admin work, if I could be extended the necessary temporary admin power to carry it out.
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2008, 10:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 11:02 PM by Steel God.)
RE: Rogues Gallery
McIvan Wrote:I wish to express my dismay at this, in my opinion, silly overreaction.

And grandstanding in my forum, while on pobabtion, is the manner in which you felt it best to accomplish this?

McIvan Wrote:OK, Red Devil was recently the butt of a photoshop joke using his profile pic and he didn't like it. Well, fair enough. Red Devil complained about it to the prankster concerned and the image (which was harmless) was removed.

For the record, the issue was about taking photos off the Blitz server, without permission, and modifiying them for an attack against a Club Member. I consider both to be at worst a premediated attack, and at best very poor manners warranting at least an apology. The Blitz does not condone such behavior.

McIvan Wrote:For the record, I'm writing as someone who, in the past, has had my own picture used as a photoshop joke by our new CM Tournament Master, yet I took it in good humour. I certainly didn't proceed to throw any toys.

I am unaware of the incident being referenced so must assume it did not happen at the Blitz. Any member who abuses another member will not be permitted to remain here.

McIvan Wrote:There was no reason to assume that the entire Rogues Gallery was somehow in any danger, and it is a deliberate untruth by Red Devil to say that images (plural) were being misused by members (plural). Should have just stuck to the facts.

So over that one issue that concerns only himself, Red Devil has deleted the entire Rogues Gallery and thereby everyone's profile picture, painting an exaggerated picture that he knows isn't true and using that exaggeration to cast the blame for this overreaction at a particular group of people as a whole.

Ivan, the Rogues Gallery was, like so many things at the Blitz, provided for us by the labors of the one person you appear hell bent on abusing. Randy's part in the picture incident involved his contacting one individual who was using it as an avatar, and then turning it over to me. I contacted another individual and asked for it's removal, and I contacted the owner of WAW and informed him of what I was doing and what my hopes were for resolution. The avatars were taken down, and I reported to Randy that I considered the issue settled. The Rogue's Gallery's status I left up to Randy, as it always was and is, a project that he alone maintained. If he felt it could not be re-opened without some manner of protecting the images which players have provided for their profile pages, then he was free to restore it or not as he deemed best.

McIvan Wrote:I think it's a complete nonsense :cheeky:

Oddly enough I find it complete nonsense that I spend an inordinate amount of my time catering to the disruptions of a handful of members from one ladder in my Club, while several other ladders which provide the bulk of the activity and positive progress here have to wait on me while I entertain selfish posts like this complaining about a situation which was created by another selfish act. Were you the member who down loaded and altered the picture Ivan? When I spoke with the other members involved it was made clear that they were not the modifiers only the receivers.

McIvan Wrote:On the other hand, it provides the opportunity for a cleanout of the old photos of long gone members and an opportunity to publicise a new Rogues Gallery amongst the forums...get some updated pictures in. I would be happy to volunteer my services to do this and the necessary admin work, if I could be extended the necessary temporary admin power to carry it out.

What form of insanity do you believe I would have to be afflicted with to grant administrative powers to a member who is on record at other websites attacking, in a most impolite and disrespectful manner, the Staff and Services which I provide to you here? The opportunity for clean out is here, but it's not photos.
07-01-2008, 07:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 07:11 AM by McIvan.)
No Paul, I did not download or alter anyone's photo.

This isn't about whether or not Red Dev can take a joke. It's not even about the bloke that photoshopped my image, because I'm not precious about it. This about whether or not the entire Rogues Gallery needed to be deleted.

I don't think it did. That's my opinion on the subject.

It might have been better said something like this:

It's a shame the Rogues Gallery was deleted.
I'd like to help reinstitute it.

I put my money where my mouth was by offering my time to help fix what I think was an overeaction. I don't have a problem with the Blitz Staff other than the one person, nor with the Blitz itself. The implication that I'd somehow use any admin power to sabotage the Blitz is uncalled for.
07-01-2008, 07:22 AM,
If you have a problem with a member of my Staff, you have a problem with the Blitz as I see it.

I was not implying anything Ivan, your own words, which I would have never seen had I not been required to go to some other web site to find this modified picture for myself, have made it clear enough to me that you do not have the best interests of this Club at heart. It is mere prudence on my part as the custodian of Jim Mays to recognize that.
07-01-2008, 08:08 AM,
:conf: I assure you that I would not abuse any such power. Obviously you refuse to believe that, so I won't bother any further with this.