• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

House Fire
05-23-2008, 05:42 AM,
House Fire
To anyone waiting for a turn from me, sorry but I have had a house fire which wiped out my PC - fortunately no one was hurt but I need a new PC
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2008, 06:27 AM,
RE: House Fire
Good luck Wolfman!
Sorry for your circumstance.
05-23-2008, 07:26 AM,
I feel your pain Wolf, went thru the same thing 20 yrs ago. All that survived was two bowling balls in the trunk of my car, the clothes on our back (me, wife two infants). Out of the house we salvaged my stereo, albums, war books, war games and book shelf and every bit of those items were smoke damaged. What aqngered me was I found out when I pulled up to the house at 6pm that friday night and saw the landlaord and his dad picking thru the charred remains. Said he couldn't find my work number to call me, yet two weeks later he had no problem when he called me at work and asked when I was going to clean out the remains. He'd been in the house before when we were gone, I told him, it's your house, you clean it up. We suspect he set the fire looking for insurance money but the Fire Marshall had put down the cause as careless smoking because my wife and I both smoke. It was the first and only question he asked us. But the official report also states the fire started at 1241pm and was put out at 110pm. Now I left at 730am to be at work by 800am and wife left at 800am to be at work by 900am. When I pointed out that we had been gone half a day by the time it started and that landlord had been inside before, he didn't care because we both smoked. We got the last laugh I guess because we found out the insurance company wouldn't give him the money. The policy stated he had to rebuild and send them the bills and they would pay for it and anything over the policy limit was to come out of his pocket. He never rebuilt.

Hope everything works out for the best.
05-24-2008, 05:59 AM,
LOL Your sure one unlucky get when it comes to PC's Rick.Main thing you and your family are ok.
05-25-2008, 07:24 PM,
Said to hear that, my friend
The most important thing is that your family was not hurt.

All the best

Slawek
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
05-27-2008, 10:55 PM,
Rick,
I know you needed a new Computer but that seems a bit extreme.

P.S. Just kidding, glad to hear no one was hurt. Best of luck recovering from loses in the fire.

DETURK
06-05-2008, 03:29 AM,
Well the insurance finally paid out, so anyone holding a turn for me can now send it - I can't believe that I have only two turns in my inbox after nearly a month out of the game!!