• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rubble in MC games
05-19-2008, 08:11 AM,
Rubble in MC games
I'm trying to edit some of the PDT values for a MC game. I understand how to adjust most of the settings up or down and how that influences results. But I don't understand how to edit the Rubble percentages. The current value listed in the PDT is 1000.

The PDT help file says: "Rubble Fire Value: this value is used to determine the probability that Indirect Fire and bombing attacks against a Village, Town, City, or Industrial hex will result in Rubble. A file value against the hex of this value will have a 50% chance of creating Rubble in the hex." What does this last sentence mean? How do I change the setting to increase/decrease the chance of Rubble being formed? I tried various settings from "0" to "9999" and none seem to noticeably affect the probability of creating rubble.

Tom Bridges
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2008, 08:35 AM,
RE: Rubble in MC games
Basically, higher numbers make it harder to rubble, lower numbers make it easier.

I suspect that in the sentence you've bolded 'file' should read 'fire'
05-19-2008, 09:15 AM,
Thanks, Jon. I tried 9999 and it didn't seem to make any difference, I'll try it again.
05-19-2008, 02:46 PM,
tbridges Wrote:Thanks, Jon. I tried 9999 and it didn't seem to make any difference, I'll try it again.

It must have made some difference as 1000 is quite a bit different from 9999.

Now this value you are asking about is not one I've ever fiddled with. By default it has been 1000 in every game. So I made a new PDT, tried your value of 9999, tested a couple shots and go no rubble. I only tried a few shots so when it didn't make rubble happen any easier, I went back in and set the value to 99.

That made it a lot easier to create rubble - if that is what you want to do. Lob a couple shots into any town and it goes rubble fairly easily. I duplicated it 3 times.

Its all trial and error with these sorts of values - at least I would never bothered trying and calculate the difference between 500, 750 and 1000.

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-20-2008, 01:03 AM,
Thanks for the analysis, Glenn. I must have missed something when I ran my tests, I'll try again.
05-20-2008, 03:16 AM,
tbridges Wrote:Thanks for the analysis, Glenn. I must have missed something when I ran my tests, I'll try again.

No problem and I guess in teh big picture - the answer is "lower the Rubble Value if the desired effect is more chance of rubble."

Glenn
Send this user an email