• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Player Profile #17 Typhoon.
05-16-2008, 04:28 AM,
Player Profile #17 Typhoon.
What is your real name?
Kevin Burton

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?
Well I thought I was being clever. The German codename for Barbarossa as well as what I was going to do to everyone at the Blitz. I was going to blow you all away (Boy I got that one wrong)

What ladders are you represented on?
OPC and the ACW. Dabbled also in the Classic Wargame ladder

Whats your favourite PC War-game?
All of the Panzer Campaign series without a doubt the best series of Wargames for a PC ever produced.

Who has been your hardest opponent?
Lots to mention. Like so many my education began with Esher a figure now perhaps of legend on the OPC Ladder.
RickyB, Crille, Marquo, Steel God have also figured as guys that beat me bad nearly every time, but I think my real Nemesis is SGT Fury who allowed me but one victory for a good while when he generously took the Germans in the Race for Bastonge Scenario a very one sided affair favouring the Allies, even then he ran it close.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?
Two daughters ago way back in 2002 when I still had a full head of hair

What War interests you the most?
It varies from time to time WWII ACW and Napoleonic are always there or they’re about

If you could choose to be present at one military historical event what would it be?
Three spring to mind..........
Hastings 1066
Gettysburg 1863
Stalingrad 1942

What is your favourite War movie?
Greedy again……..
Cross Of Iron
Saving Private Ryan
Waterloo Rod Steigar is awesome as Napoleon

What do you snack on while gaming?
Twiglets and plenty of Tea

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?
Favourite has to be the people you run across from all over the World Truly grateful to those responsible that we have been given a place to gather.

Least favourite, well there isn’t one.

Do you own any war memorabilia?
None at all unless you count the muddy shoes I run around Senlac hill in on a wet August day (The wife and kids loved that) and never let me forget it.

What is the best military book you have read?
Shelby Footes ACW trilogy

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII?
Has to be Typhoon of course!

What is the most interesting military documentary you have ever watched?
Ken Burns on the ACW again

Which is your favourite HPS PzC title?
All of them, but because it was my first and what got me into the whole series I will say Normandy 44

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?
So many it’s good that things are healthy at least for the games I like.
Advanced Tactics, Ageods Civil War, Empire in Arms, Commander Europe at War all get some playing time but not like PZ camps. Also there will be World in Flames when it arrives and of course Panzer Campaigns II if they ever do it.

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?
Try playing till the end a bit more often, some things look over before they are and even when getting beat bad it’s still good fun to see how the games plays out!
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2008, 06:04 AM,
RE: Player Profile #17 Typhoon.
Good read Kevin. Now do we want to know what Twiglets are?

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-16-2008, 06:09 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:Good read Kevin. Now do we want to know what Twiglets are?

Rick

A nasty looking twig like shaped biscuit covered in a substance much like marmite. Only the English and their many colonial progeny would consider it proper snack food. ;)
05-16-2008, 06:12 AM,
Foul. Wrote:If you could choose to be present at one military historical event what would it be?
Three spring to mind..........
Hastings 1066
Gettysburg 1863
Stalingrad 1942

LOL, I seem to recall a very long running discussion that you and I had on Hastings during a battle. Must have covered a dozen or so turns. I no longer recall the battle we played that go around, but I do recall the banter, isn't that funny? Guess that's the way of it when you play good people, and I have always remembered you as good people Kevin.

Congrats on the kids. Have you caught up to me yet? :whis:
05-16-2008, 07:36 AM,
Gosh, Paul, I think Kevin passed you up with the last batch :). He told me it was so many he couldn't remember all their names. Sorry Kevin, I know I made that up but I couldn't resist :cheeky:.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-16-2008, 12:06 PM,
Ricky B Wrote:Gosh, Paul, I think Kevin passed you up with the last batch :). He told me it was so many he couldn't remember all their names. Sorry Kevin, I know I made that up but I couldn't resist :cheeky:.

Rick

Not much evidence there Rick. There were some days Kevin had worked such long shifts he could barely remember his name, so I'll want some real proof. Big Grin
05-16-2008, 07:33 PM,
Thanks guys for taking the time to read and comment. And thank you Darran for the hard work you put in to keep this forum interesting and fun. Only i could come up with such a bad historical fact at the top I'm sure you all spotted it but are all clever enough and kind enough not to mention it and to know what I really meant.
Paul I also remember that banter about Hastings and your support for William that B from Normandy. Daughters now there are four the eldest of whom in Febuary provided me with my first two grandchildren would you believe it two more girls :-)
As for Twiglets I was certain they were an American invention just thought they were a modern choice of snack and such a strange combination they had to come from across the pond.
cheers kevin
05-17-2008, 12:15 AM,
Nice writeup there Kevin. No wonder you constantly beat me, you have all the experience of playing those good players. Of course, in your battles, you had to run up against a Marine, who has to be good in most of what he does, though I hate to give him a swelled head. I do agree that they are all great people and fun to pick on, and since I do not win many battles, I can only attack them succesfully verbally, as long as I remain anonymus. My spelling needs work also. Congradulations Kevin, you are and have been a great opponent.