• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Which Game?
05-12-2008, 12:35 PM,
Which Game?
i am looking at buying my first PC game , i enjoy the eastern front theater, so i have narrowed the list to.......

1) Rzev
2) Karkov
3) Kursk

any thoughts?

Thanks Krec
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2008, 02:48 PM,
RE: Which Game?
If you're only buying one, then it depends on what type of battle you prefer the most. Due to HPS' policy of patching up older titles to meet the newer rules and standards, there is no qualitative difference between them, game engine-wise.

Kharkov has assaults with lots of breakthroughs and counter-breakthroughs. It's a fairly mobile battle.

Rzhev is somewhat like that, but in the middle of a blizzard and so movement is much slower and there is zero visibility.

Kursk is more of a set-piece battle, with lots of high density assaults and few real breakthrough action. But it has some more improved troops and equipment on both sides.

That's the way I see it, anyway.
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM,
hmmm, i might just get greedy and buy all 3..........lol.
05-13-2008, 01:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2008, 12:38 PM by von Nev.)
Once you start playing PzC you will end up getting all three anyways so go for it get them all at the first purchase! :) I believe that HPS gives a deal if you buy three at a time. You can contact them through their website.

Also, if you are interested in beating up on Germans don't forget Minsk 44 or Stalingrad 42 and if you are interested in low density fighting with mainly late war armor (like JSII and King Tigers) and motorized units in swirling battles take a look at Budapest 45.

Honestly, with any the east front titles you can't go wrong. All are up to date with the latest patches and all offer something different.
05-13-2008, 10:39 PM,
I purchased Budapest - still waiting on it to arrive. Looking forward to playing. Does anyone have this and do you like it?
05-14-2008, 03:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2008, 03:07 AM by Tide1.)
Budapest45 is a good title. Like Von Nev said you get the late war oob's and alot of mobile combat for both sides. Good stuff cheers

Tide1
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
05-14-2008, 11:32 AM,
hmmm, Budapest45 sounds interesting, big beasty battle
05-15-2008, 03:15 PM,
Krec Wrote:hmmm, Budapest45 sounds interesting, big beasty battle
...with lots of small and medium battles which give both sides opportunities for attack and defense, and use the late war units (especially AFV like the King Tiger, JS I and SU 100), which are a lot of fun.
I have Smolensk '41, Moscow '41, Kursk '43, Korsun '44, Minsk '44 and Budapest '45, and B45 is my favorite, and is also the one I would recommend as a first purchase.
Operation Edelweiss begins! Pontoon bridges across the Don at Rostov.
05-16-2008, 10:00 AM,
jack1986 Wrote:
Krec Wrote:hmmm, Budapest45 sounds interesting, big beasty battle
...with lots of small and medium battles which give both sides opportunities for attack and defense, and use the late war units (especially AFV like the King Tiger, JS I and SU 100), which are a lot of fun.
I have Smolensk '41, Moscow '41, Kursk '43, Korsun '44, Minsk '44 and Budapest '45, and B45 is my favorite, and is also the one I would recommend as a first purchase.

Minsk is actually a pretty good Eastern Front title if your really interested in AI Play. NOt to exclude this for PBEM - but this was a title which we were doing when we got a number of AI improvements granted and tested, confirm ok, and it has many scns where there are several copies of the same scn for play HTH and AI, some even with the AI on the attack.

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-18-2008, 11:20 AM,
Krec,I have:
Market Garden
Normandy
Kharkov
Khzev
Sicily
Korea(modern campaigns)