• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Guy-Introduction
04-23-2008, 02:00 AM,
New Guy-Introduction
Hello Gents,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I'm 42 years old, a long time gamer with a love for military/strategy games and sims. Started wargaming way back when I was a kid with the old Avalon Hill products. Spent many hours of my youth playing Anzio, Panzerblitz etc. among many others. When the computer revolution came about (for me that is) 1995, I spent most of my time with flight sims up until about 2 and 1/2 years ago , then moved into submarine/naval sims. Spent the last year and a half of my gaming time playing some infantry centric shooters and have really enjoyed the SBPE armored warfare simulation from Esim Games.

I now find myself wanting to get back into "wargaming" again. I bought CMBB and CMAK a few months ago and basically have been having a blast. I can't believe it took me this long to take the plunge into these fantastic games. It looks like I've come full circle. ;) I also just ordered HPS Simulation's game "Kursk 43" and will be learning that one as well. I've never had an HPS game before but figured I'd give it a try and see if it is indeed something I'd like.

I hope to give many of you a challenge in the ladders when the appropriate time comes. See you around.

Cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2008, 02:46 AM,
RE: New Guy-Introduction
Hey Enigma! Good introduction! Although I am half your age, our similarities are basically contrasting!

If you ever want to do a fun pbem of HPS Kursk 43' give me a heads up! Also, if you want a ladder challenge for cmbb: Email me - Enven00 (at) gmail (dot) com
04-23-2008, 03:00 AM,
Will do. I just need a bit of time to check the game over, learn the mechanics, get myself familiar with its modus operandi. Currently in a game of CMBB but when finsished, I'll give you a ring.

Cheers.

Enven (FGM) Wrote:If you ever want to do a fun pbem of HPS Kursk 43' give me a heads up! Also, if you want a ladder challenge for cmbb: Email me - Enven00 (at) gmail (dot) com
04-23-2008, 03:01 AM,
Sounds like a plan, you have my email.
04-23-2008, 04:46 AM,
Enigma,
Look forward to seeing you over at the Hps Oc ladder, i would suggest you play Kursk against the AI (with FOW off) to learn the game mechanics, PzC plays just like your old hex wargames with the comp doing all the dice rolls.

A word of warning, the AI is not much of a challenge, PBEM is the only way to go and there are some very good players on our ladder! :)

Don't bite off too much with big scenarios, keep it small till you know what you are doing.