• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sound Issue
04-13-2008, 10:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2008, 10:04 AM by Zemke.)
Sound Issue
Some times when I play the replay of the opposing play I get a sound loop. This usually happens when there has been an Artillery strike or Air Strike, and does not happen every time. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a way to fix the problem?
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2008, 10:36 AM,
RE: Sound Issue
Yes, as I recall this is a problem I have had in the past. I never play with sound on anymore. Not a solution but a work around. I don't think I miss anything other than hearing air recon go over...

Fury
04-13-2008, 11:02 AM,
Zemke, this has happened since I first started playing PzC way back with Kharkov. Just close the game and re open it. It doesn't happen that often for me, but always, when I close the game and get back in, it doesn't do it the next time.
04-14-2008, 04:05 AM,
I have all these sort of sound issues as well. It appears to only be present in the previous versions of PzC and MC, with the latest updated using the new .dll files having eliminated most of the issues (at least for me). What I had to do to keep the repeating sounds from happening is go into your audio properties in the control panel and turn off your hardware acceleration. You should then turn it back on if you want to play other games.
Send this user an email
04-14-2008, 03:57 PM,
Thanks Everyone for the responses.
05-01-2008, 12:31 AM,
Well I've received my new HPS games and so far I am enjoying the "operational aspect" of them very much with one big exception.:(

I'm having the same or very much the same issue with sound. It is primarily with artillery sounds which go into these never-ending nerve-wracking loops.Cry It happens when the AI is going through its turn and then the game informs me its my turn. The artillery from the AI's turn just will not shut off. It doesn't stop unless I get out of the game and then come back in. It starts again with next use of artillery during the AI's turn. Extremely annoying to say the least.:mad:

Now I've tried all kinds of things including the suggestions here. For example, turning off hardware acceleration but nothing seems to help or correct this.

I really don't want to play the game without some sound (sound does give some atmosphere) but I can see no other alternative. :chin:Jumping out of a game and getting back in with each turn just seems rediculous.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Does anyone else have the same problem? Has HPS ever looked into this or can they look into this?

Cheers.
05-01-2008, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2008, 06:39 AM by Volcano Man.)
Hmm, does this happen in all of your HPS games? What kind of sound card do you have? Maybe try updating your sound card drivers if you can and see if that helps.
Send this user an email
05-01-2008, 09:47 AM,
enigma6584 Wrote:Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Does anyone else have the same problem?
Has HPS ever looked into this or can they look into this?

I would strongly suggest you contact HPS Support at:
[email protected]

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-02-2008, 07:07 AM,
Volcano Man Wrote:Hmm, does this happen in all of your HPS games? What kind of sound card do you have? Maybe try updating your sound card drivers if you can and see if that helps.

I just recently bought two games from developed by HPS so the answer is yes. Both games have the very same sound issue.

I have a Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS soundcard. I'll recheck the sound drivers but I'm pretty sure they are already up-to-date.

Cheers.
05-02-2008, 07:09 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:I would strongly suggest you contact HPS Support at:
[email protected]

Glenn

I will most likely be doing this once I have time to pull the information together.

Cheers.