• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MC/PC.. A plea for map addition
04-10-2008, 02:56 AM,
MC/PC.. A plea for map addition
It would make life easier if the map makers could put Highway numbers on the main roads/Highways.

Also, moutain tops should also be given their height on the map, as they would in real-life (Hill 211 for example).
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2008, 04:13 AM,
RE: MC/PC.. A plea for map addition
Seconded.
04-10-2008, 04:57 AM,
Why not do it yourself?
04-10-2008, 06:16 AM,
Uhmmm...b/c its something everyone should have on the same map at the same time.
04-10-2008, 07:02 AM,
Seriously? Why should "everyone have it on the same map at the same time"? It has no effect on gameplay, it's just chrome.

I do agree it's nice, which is why I do it. Myself. I don't expect anyone to do it for me.
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:It would make life easier if the map makers could put Highway numbers on the main roads/Highways.

Also, moutain tops should also be given their height on the map, as they would in real-life (Hill 211 for example).

Hey HirooOnoda

Your Lucky Day - in the new Updates John is including smething called "pcsub.exe"

Load your game map into the Submap editor and in there is a menu "Mode/Add Remove Label".

We are not going to get involved adding labels to certain hexes at peoples requests - we've done that before and some occasions and taken them at face value without being able to verify if indeed they are correct or not - only to have people complain and point them out as "mistakes". Waterloo on the FRANCE 40 Map comes to mind and I think there was someone complaining about a Bulge Label too.

So this is one of those "Can't Win" situations for which the solution is to let you do what you want with Labels as they have no impact on game play.

Glenn
Send this user an email
04-10-2008, 12:29 PM,
I think you could even use this for a team game, sharing the updated submap with just your team, marking specific locations as part of a discussion. That is the major benefit to marking the roads/hills that I see anyway, allowing your team to discuss things without having to translate everything to coordinates. Of course, if you see some other benefit of the labels you are requesting Hiroo, that might be different, but I don't see anything else myself.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-10-2008, 02:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2008, 02:12 PM by JonS1.)
Ricky B Wrote:I think you could even use this for a team game, sharing the updated submap with just your team, marking specific locations as part of a discussion.
Innovative. Add phase lines and objectives during play, then pass the marked up map around the players in your team to assist with co-ordination. That way the 'discussion' is right there on the map while you're playing. Rinse and repeat as often as necessary during the course of the scenario.

I like it.
04-10-2008, 04:58 PM,
It would be nice to be able to do this from inside the game itself, rather than exiting, loading an editor, saving it as a submap to be shared with all. I have always wished for a "notepad" sort of function that would allow me to make notes and be part of the save file so I could open them inside the game. Taking this further, the ability to splash a few lines and labels on the map, and a check box to share this info with either just your side or all players would be way cool.
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM,
As someone who plays team games, something like this addition is very helpful.

I wasn't asking for "Lables" for my aid, I was asking them from a historical aspect.

If we can put the forest names on the map I don't see why we can't put "Highway 1" on either if it is historical.

So I'm curious why we do put forest names on yet leave off more critical things like higway names and hilltop numbers off.