• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix Guns Of August?
04-04-2008, 04:25 PM,
Matrix Guns Of August?
How is this game coming on? I was aware that the game was a bit buggy when it first came out, but a couple of early patches had sorted the worst problems out!

How goes it now??
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2008, 10:47 AM,
RE: Matrix Guns Of August?
No idea, who was this question aimed at or was it a general shout out??
04-18-2008, 04:10 PM,
General shout out..............
10-20-2008, 08:45 PM,
I am half thinking of buying this game, does any body play it, and whats it like?
10-21-2008, 06:05 AM,
Foul. Wrote:General shout out..............

Darran, look at the Matrix support forum for this game. It should give you a good idea.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=474

A 10-15 problems in the last couple of months. About average for a matrix game I would say. Matrix are definitely of the 'Beta test it on the customer' ilk and patch it later.

Saying that they produce such a wide rang of games using very different engines it would be very difficult and time consuming to ensure all games are fully stable before release
10-21-2008, 06:10 AM,
Cry There seams to be lots of problems with the game,I dont fancy being a beta test.Been there with CMSF!!
10-21-2008, 06:30 AM,
FLG Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:General shout out..............

Darran, look at the Matrix support forum for this game. It should give you a good idea.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=474

A 10-15 problems in the last couple of months. About average for a matrix game I would say. Matrix are definitely of the 'Beta test it on the customer' ilk and patch it later.

Saying that they produce such a wide rang of games using very different engines it would be very difficult and time consuming to ensure all games are fully stable before release
Thanks Marc, i am a patient person i will wait until the bugs are ironed out. ;)
10-21-2008, 09:44 PM,
Bidermann (FGM) Wrote:Cry There seams to be lots of problems with the game,I dont fancy being a beta test.Been there with CMSF!!

Amen to that. NOTHING annoys me more than the tendency of a company to release a game riddled with bugs and errors, and getting people to shell out $50-$60 for it, and then claim they'll love to hear feed back and will correct any errors in a patch. Game companies have an endless supply of people who will volunteer to be play testers for free, or for a copy of the game, there is NO EXCUSE to pimp their customers in that manner. Take your time and do it right, and release the best product possible. That is, assuming you're actually concerned about your customers and not just looking at them as a vein to be mined.
11-13-2008, 07:44 AM,
I had it for a year without playing it - waiting for a patch to fix the scrolling problem that never came. Some people seem to like it a lot though.

Chris
11-14-2008, 03:25 AM,
Steel God Wrote:
Bidermann (FGM) Wrote:Cry There seams to be lots of problems with the game,I dont fancy being a beta test.Been there with CMSF!!

Amen to that. NOTHING annoys me more than the tendency of a company to release a game riddled with bugs and errors, and getting people to shell out $50-$60 for it, and then claim they'll love to hear feed back and will correct any errors in a patch. Game companies have an endless supply of people who will volunteer to be play testers for free, or for a copy of the game, there is NO EXCUSE to pimp their customers in that manner. Take your time and do it right, and release the best product possible. That is, assuming you're actually concerned about your customers and not just looking at them as a vein to be mined.

What's worse for me is what happened with Hearts of Iron. They sold us a game that wasn't ready. Then we go ahead and do the beta testing on it for them. They then make a new game with all the feedback and charge you full price for the new game when the old one never worked.

When that happens, I'm done with the game. I like HOI but not well enough to pay for it multiple times. Or any other game that tries to go down that path. I'm only gullible enough to have my money stolen one time.

Good Hunting.

MR