• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Team Play Effort: Normandy 44
04-04-2008, 03:48 AM,
New Team Play Effort: Normandy 44
The Outlaw Josey Wales and I have been discussing the possiblity of starting up a team game using the long (750turn!) Normandy 44 Campaign scenario (we've agreed that Volcano's "alt" scenario is the best way to go as far as accuracy is concerned). This should keep everyone busy for the next 10 years or so! (Really, we believe a decisive point will be reached long before turn 750.)

What we've got in mind is the two of us as either an Allied or German Team (we're not fussy about sides) vs another 2 man team; since the situation is perfect for this: Allied 12th & 21st Army Groups vs German 5th Panzer and 7th Armies with each player operating a major command. One player per side would be the overall CinC. Since the build-up of Allied forces is gradual (really just 1st US and 2nd Brtish Armies for most of the game) we think this is managable, with a decent turn rate possible.

As an alternate, we could play as 3 (but no more than that) man teams, each side with a CinC, and 2 subordinate commanders.

If anyone is interested in giving this a try, send either of us an email, and we can start working things out. (I'm at: [email protected])

Thanks for taking a look.
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2008, 09:43 AM,
RE: New Team Play Effort: Normandy 44
I think all the hard core team players got sucked up in the D85 grand campaign, plus I don't own Normandy 44. Although I think team games are the way to go to play these really large scenarios and they make for realistic Command and Control / Coordination issues that have to be worked through. If you have never tried a team game you should, just don't expect a turn everyday.
Quote this message in a reply