• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Team Game Proposal: Danube Front
03-29-2008, 03:10 AM,
Team Game Proposal: Danube Front
I'm wondering if anyone is interested in starting up a team play game using the full campaign scenario included in Danube Front (West Germany Invaded scenario)?

I've got a fair amount of experience with the PzC/MC system, and thought it might be fun to try a cooperative effort type game, even though a don't think of myself as an advanced type player.

I could see a total of 4 players: 2 NATO (one in command of AFNORTH/NORTHAG, the other in command of CENTAG (including Austria), and 2 WP (one commanding a Front composed of everything north of Frankfurt, and one commanding everything south). Alternately, there could be 3 players per side, with a Supreme Commander for each giving overall direction, allocating reinforcements, and handling such areas as Berlin, and airborne/airmobile operations.

I don't feel qualified to be a Supreme Commander myself, but would like to play NATO, with a preference towards CENTAG, since that's where I spent most of my military career from 1971-85.

I understand this would be a major undertaking, and will require some real coordination and effort, but I think it could be really rewarding for all involved.

Anyone with interest or ideas about this, please feel free to join in.
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2008, 03:15 AM,
RE: Team Game Proposal: Danube Front
There's a move afoot to get this game going. I think we have 3 per side now but, realistically, we will need 4 to 5 per side (so there's room). Contact me in email and I will put you on the thread this evening when I get home...Others interested? Campaign experience preferred.

Fury at WonderDog dot HomeIP dot net

Fury
03-29-2008, 03:20 AM,
Wow, timing is everything. Link up with Fury and you might get your dream game. This grand campaign looks like a person closer to actually executing. I can tell you, team play is awesome. It is more challenging in many ways but is also more manageable. Good luck.

Tbird3
03-29-2008, 04:01 AM,
Sgt Fury Wrote:There's a move afoot to get this game going. I think we have 3 per side now but, realistically, we will need 4 to 5 per side (so there's room). Contact me in email and I will put you on the thread this evening when I get home...Others interested? Campaign experience preferred.

Fury at WonderDog dot HomeIP dot net

Fury

You can count me in! Email sent.
03-29-2008, 05:53 AM,
I would like to get in as well if possible.

Kuriltai
03-29-2008, 06:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2008, 06:59 AM by Zemke.)
Of course I am in.

There should be plenty of "job" openings with the number of forces on each side. Having alternate players or even people who don't want to play, but be apart of this, could do staff work and be ready to jump in if needed. I know two things, this will not be easy and we will lose players due to real life getting in the way of a great wargame. So if you think you may be interested, but are not sure you would have the time, think about it, because even though it is large and long, it is divided between several people, and it takes time for everyone to get their files done, it's not like there is a terrible rush.
Differences between team play and regular play.
1. You only move "your" forces, but you must cooperate with adjacent forces.
2. As a Campaign the number of turns is great, but your work load is about three-six divisions tops, like a medium sized game that lasts a long time.
3. It is a lot of fun to cooperate together, but you have to understand what your "piece of the pie is", and not go running off doing your own thing.

So jump in, we need players, Staff Officers, Alternate Players, we have a job or a position.

Now that I have tried to "sell" this thing, I have NEVER played a PzCM team game in my life! The above those points are just what I think it will be like. The experienced PzCm guys should weigh in if I am incorrect. (I may be relieved from Command before the first shot is fired!)
03-30-2008, 01:37 AM,
Thanks to all who applied. We have a full roster now!

Cheers,
Fury
03-30-2008, 09:43 AM,
Just out of curiosity. What rate of turns are you expecting from the sides? How many days do you expect it to take to get through one side's move?
03-30-2008, 01:30 PM,
6 guys per side...I would guess around 3 days or so...First time for me so just a WAG. :conf: Perhaps a little longer for NATO.

Kuriltai
03-30-2008, 09:20 PM,
Pact forces are on the move. East German units probe Berlins defences.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman