• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1st Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
02-14-2008, 03:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2008, 12:58 PM by Tiger 88.)
1st Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
Ok - so Scott asked me if I would be willing to give my side of the story - so here goes:

Basically - Scott and I are playing history again with Earl's great and brilliant V Panzer Army Campaign - where Scott as you already know takes command of V Panzer Army - controlled by Gen Hasso von Manteuffel and I play as the 1st Army Lt Gen Hodges.

I want to up-front say to my man Von Earl - THANK YOU my friend for the work that you do with these scenarios, and in general to all the designers who feed us the goods! Without you - I know that I would go nuts!! I also want to thank Jim Mays and his Brass for all that they do for ALL of us who are in this club - this truly is my home away from home and my everyday escape from work and lifes curveballs......so here goes....

At the start of turn 8 - this is where I stand as the allies:

[Image: 6-VictoryStartofTurn8.jpg]

as you can see the Huns have a very long way to go and I am going to do everything in my power to kick Scott's ass and keep him out of the following - what I call - "What's At Stake" (WAS) areas of this campaign. So here are my hot points:

[Image: 1-WAS-Schoenburg.jpg]

as you note the Huns are licking their lips at this very 1st OBJ - and I am preparing the city for the assault - I have moved and continue to move precious arty assets back to this city, and am unlaoding them and will rain down on Scott my death from above for the next several turns - perhaps I will get some loaded stuff - like he does with me - LOL!

The next hot point:

The crossing of the Our River from the South - this is where Scott has now pressed the issue at Heckusheid in the deep south.

[Image: 2-WAS-BurgReuland.jpg]

I now have finally received some M24's and armored scouts just southwest of this crossing where I have every intention of moving those boys up the dirt road to Heckusheid to pester the Jerries there....Scott now has some Hertzers and infantry moving up there...

The 3rd WAS is:

[Image: 3-WAS-Steinebruck.jpg]

this is just north of Burg Reuland and the huns will want this property as well!

The 4th WAS is:

[Image: 4-WAS-Ambleve.jpg]

Right now this city is all quite - but it is a main artery for the northern sectors and corridors - I am very worried about this area since it leads eventually to Toris Ponts.

The 5th WAS is:

[Image: 5-WAS-Ligneuville.jpg]

This are is just west of Ambleve and feeds into Toris Ponts as well...

The 6th WAS is:

[Image: 6-WAS-TroisPonts.jpg]

and South of Toris Ponts is WAS 7:

[Image: 7-WAS-VielsalmSalmchateau.jpg]

and Finally the Grand Prize WAS 8:

[Image: 8-WAS-StVith.jpg]

So lets see how the I performed or moved at the fronts:

Lets start at the Northeastern Front where King Tigers have joined the party - I had field reports state that men were changing their underwear upon seeing these beasts joing the actions:

This Losheim before:

[Image: 1-Losheim-BegTurn8.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2008, 03:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2008, 01:01 PM by Tiger 88.)
RE: 1st Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
I had to go to a 2nd post due to limit size of adding pictures - no biggy however.....

and after - you can see I am staying out of sight with all opp fire turned off - hoping to do some sniping here and there....

[Image: 1-Losheim-EndTurn8.jpg]

you can see my ambush that I will try and set-up and take out his precious steel beasts with my M24's that have now moved back below the city of Lanzerath.

Here is the front below Losheim at the start of turn 8 - keep an eye on those Stugs that decided to stick their necks out....

[Image: 2-Manderfeld-BegTurn8.jpg]

and after - a good tank fight broke out with my boys getting the better of Scott's Sugs - I took out one whole platoon and took out more tanks with retreats - I did loose 2 M24's in the exchange - but it was worth it - hope to have Scott not stick those damn things out too far next turn!

[Image: 2-Manderfeld-EndTurn8.jpg]

Here is the middle northern front:

Scott is starting his assault in Auw now - I will try and keep to the sides of the road and forest edges and play havoc with his troops...

[Image: 3-Auw-BegTurn8.jpg]

and after:

[Image: 3-Auw-EndTurn8.jpg]

here is the sector below Auw:

[Image: 4-Buchet-BegTurn8.jpg]

and now after I have good visibility to some of the stugs that Scott has sitting up to the east of Buchet and you can see my tankers ready to light him up when the opportunity arises in a few turns:

[Image: 4-Buchet-EndTurn8.jpg]

and here is the southern fronts - Scott is trying to come up the main highway just east of Eigelscheid and we have had some bloody exchanges and you will see in the after I have a mortor crew in the woods up north of the highway and Scott has an engineer platoon - at that distance I took out 3sp's and with my 2nd shot cause the troops to scatter and turn tail....hope he brings some more troops into the hex that was occupied by that engineer platoon - they will be greeted by some 105 fire - yea baby!

[Image: 5-Heckusheid-BegTurn8.jpg]

and afterward:

[Image: 5-Heckusheid-EndTurn8.jpg]

in the south I have moved off the ridge due to his strong presence there now with armor and infantry - my 57mm AT guns are going to head to the forests below the ridge and get some butt shots...remember I also have some reinforcments just southwest of this postion the M24's will arrive soon to grett Scott's boys!

And here is where I stand now at the end of my turn 8:

This is one hell of a battle fellas and I will update you after my next 8 turns and if something good shakes in between I will fill you in - until then - lets rock!

[Image: 6-VictoryEndofTurn8.jpg]
02-14-2008, 03:28 PM,
RE: 1st Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
here is my point totals:

[Image: 6-VictoryEndofTurn8-1.jpg]