• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

88mm Pupchen Question
02-13-2008, 02:01 AM,
88mm Pupchen Question
In a game with M1A1 I am using an 88mm Pupchen for close range antitank. I moved it up undercover and it has a perfect shot at a Sherman at close range but I then discovered that it only has cannister ammunition and it has not fired before. Is this normal for Pupchen... I could have sworn that Pupchens fire AT and HE and C?
Search on Google was inconclusive. Needless to say, the crew is probably not long for this world.
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2008, 02:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2008, 03:00 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: 88mm Pupchen Question
Mate, adjust your monitor definition and look again at the Pupps ammo type, it was always issued with HC (hollow-charge) ammo (no other kind) which packs one helluva punch, it can even out-penetrate Flak88's..:)
Only drawback was the Pupps appallingly-slow muzz velocity and it'll therefore have a hard time actually hitting anything beyond short ranges..

[Image: Pupp.gif]

[Image: ger-guns1.png]
02-13-2008, 03:26 AM,
RE: 88mm Pupchen Question
Okay, that's what I thought thus my surprise. I'll take a look... maybe I was bleary-eyed from processing the 40 + games I'm playing simultaneously :happy: