• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

halftracks
02-10-2008, 10:11 AM,
halftracks
what is the best strategy or tactic for all the hts one receives as an the US in WF,,,Do people use them for recon or is it a house rule not to use them for that purpose?
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2008, 10:34 AM,
RE: halftracks
OHMYGOD!!!!! Eek:eek1:
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
02-10-2008, 11:13 AM,
Best to talk to your opponent before the game and work out any rules of engagement. Many different playing styles in the club.

The general consensus (hashed out during the last debate on HT's) is what Leto came up with:

Empty HT's cannot make unsupported overrun attacks on enemy armor.
Empty HT's cannot be used to deliberately and repeatedly draw enemy opfire (the emphasis on repeated as there are circumstances where HT's may move and unbenownst to them draw fire from hidden enemies).
No empty HT can scout towards hidden enemy positions without being accompanied by its infantry, or being within a 3 hex radius of (its) infantry.
Empty HT's can be used as rearguard sentries.

I'm glad you bring the subject up because it means that CS is still attracting new players!!
02-10-2008, 11:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2008, 11:49 AM by Big Dawg.)
Eek

Here we go again!:eek1:

Good one Gary!!!

Ed look at the beautiful half tracks.

(This is a old joke kelski1 & not directed at you.)
02-10-2008, 12:45 PM,
"the best strategy or tactic"...throw in the operational level and we should have an argument going for a lifetime......You might have set off something, kelski old chap.

PS Jack, I still reckon your rep is too high vis-a-vis mine
02-10-2008, 12:53 PM,
srry fellas didnt mean to open a can of worms...Im flexible I will just discuss roe before match. i like the leto rules sounds good to me
02-10-2008, 09:23 PM,
:eek1: Can of worms?

Can of worms? Eek

Seems the endless debate continues. Now if we could only get that discussion about historical usage of units and/or what the game allows? :stir: :chin: Whip

cheers
02-11-2008, 01:34 AM,
It's too bad there isnt a way to obviously make them more useless after troops have disembarked so as to obviously deter any ridiculous use of them. But I don't anything wrong with them being used as recon units if the commander so wishes to, they are still worth at least a little points...
Send this user an email
02-11-2008, 03:57 AM,
SWEET... I haven't seen this debate in a long time... LOL...

Bring'em on... I love shooting halftracks full of holes... racks up big points real quick...

KILL'EM ALL!!!
02-11-2008, 06:01 AM,
I seriously doubt the Germans used important transport like a halftrack to do recon work :rolleyes:
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman