• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quiz: Who Am I?
01-30-2008, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2008, 09:07 AM by PzHeinZ.)
Quiz: Who Am I?
I think this forum is running a little slow so I decided to start a little quiz for anyone interested in general history. The idea is to recognize a historical person on basis of hints. I will post some from time to time, anyone else is free to do the same...

"I was born in 1920s in a British colony. As a young man I started my career as a soldier and served Britain (I like to tell I did so) in various places since 1940s. I became known as a competent but brutal leader and I was nearly court martialed after I had had the entire population of a small village killed.

When I was in power I dealt with other other tribes with efficiency that make Saddam look fairly human; some people were fed to crocodiles, some were blown with dynamite.

I was quite an extraordinary statesman; I openly admired Hitler and I was carried among my subjects in a sedan chair by four captured brits. I was a good swimmer and held the national championship in heavyweight boxing for nearly a decade.

I left behind an economically ruined country and a lot of orphans. After local rebels and the army of neighbouring country had superseded me I spent the last 23 years of my life in exile. I´ve been buried in Jedda."
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2008, 09:52 AM,
RE: Quiz: Who Am I?
My guess is Idi Amin..........:kill:

Do i win a prize :chin: A new BMW would be nice....:whis:
01-30-2008, 10:37 AM,
That is the right answer Foul! Congratulations! ....I´m out of BMWs right now, how about a Lada?

"My father was a soldier that was rewarded with a bishopric for his military achievements by the king. My greatest achievement was perhaps ensuring the strenghtening of my king by dealing with the reluctant nobility with rather harsh measures. So I was involved in secular power even though I was a clergyman. I was also the PM of my country and the chancellor of an university. My favorite color was red."
01-30-2008, 10:12 PM,
Hint #2
"A battleship was named after me, she took part in the battle of Dakar"
01-31-2008, 02:50 AM,
Cardinal Richelieu, but I had no clue until the Dakar comment!

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-31-2008, 03:22 AM,
Thats correct! Perhaps the first hint was a little tricky Ricky.... I start working the next one shortly....
01-31-2008, 04:47 AM,
”I was born in 6th century BC in a city state. Although I did not accomplish anything special during my reign that lasted a little less than a decade, my life ended in a place that everyone who knows history has heard of. When I looked death in the eyes I finally accomplished something. After my death a statue with a lion in it was erected there, today there is a statue that they say looks like me.”
01-31-2008, 07:01 AM,
Need another hint?
01-31-2008, 08:17 AM,
Leonidas I :chin:

I have come clean and say i had to check with google first! :whis:

What colour Lada's do you have to offer, one with four wheels would be good..........Big Grin
01-31-2008, 08:33 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Leonidas I :chin:

I have come clean and say i had to check with google first! :whis:

What colour Lada's do you have to offer, one with four wheels would be good..........Big Grin

Correct!.... The Lada is brown, but it only has three wheels. Sorry :P

Here´s the next one:

"I lived about a 1000 years after Leonidas, I had my people converted to catholics, I was the last leader of a people that is known by its name by everyone, but the present meaning of that name does no justice to my people."