• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some questions
01-11-2008, 04:49 AM,
Some questions
Can a engineer unit with bridging capabilities deploy the bridge for railroad units to cross a damaged stream or river railroad bridge.

Playing one of the BIG campaign games and l cannot always finish my turn, OK so l save the game file, but can we restart from the point/hex where l saved, at the moment l've got to cycle through to where l finished.
l'm asking this question in case l missed something, but maybe this could be added in a future patch as the games are gettin bigger, hey l'm not complaining bring them on the bigger the better.

Also an odd time l'm gettin a conflict with my norton anti-virus window pop-up, it comes up and goes down at the bottom right screen, this happens during my turn when the AI uses defensive artillery fire prior to a assault, it only happens once and not every turn.

Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2008, 06:16 AM,
RE: Some questions
No you can't repair a bridge for railway units. By bridging you are putting up a temporary structure for road traffic, not rebuilding the whole railway bridge.

If you are playing your campaign PBEM check in the options menu as to whether "PBEM No File Save" is ticked. If it is you can't save.

There is a bug here as well. If you start a campaign with "PBEM No File Save" off you must ensure you never run a turn with it on. Normally altering such options don't modify existing PBEM settings, but not in this case. And once "PBEM No File Save" has been turned on you can't turn it off again.

So be careful using that setting for starting other PBEM games. Best to keep it turned off and only turn it one when you need it.

As to Norton, I can't help. Though I would say it isn't a great anti-virus product.
01-11-2008, 06:23 AM,
Thanks for the quick reply, just to confirm that l had'nt missed anything in the manual.
01-12-2008, 02:57 AM,
Maybe this isn't what you were asking, Lowlander, but if you click on the icon on top, right that looks like a wheel, the units that have spent Movement points (Moving or firing) will be highlighted. Then zoom way out and move the map around, you will find out where you left off.

I never play NO PBEM save. Too much life can interfere with getting a turn done, so I have to be able to save a turn in progress.