• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DF'85 Digging-in
01-11-2008, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 03:37 AM by tbridges.)
DF'85 Digging-in
Is it possible to successfully construct fortifications in a hex when only one unit of the stack in the hex is digging-in, and the others in the stack are disrupted, broken, in Travel mode or otherwise not specifically digging-in? Or must all the units in the hex be digging-in in order for it to succeed?
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2008, 05:13 AM,
RE: DF'85 Digging-in
Only one unit needs to be digging in.
01-11-2008, 04:11 PM,
And sometimes it is good to have a another unit "stand watch" over the unit digging in if the enemy is close by.

Units digging in defend at 1/2 assault value, essentially the same as if they were disrupted.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-12-2008, 03:10 AM,
Thanks for the info! :)

Had a stack of units in this situation and it was taking forever to build a fort, thought maybe I had to vacate the hex except for the one unit who was actually doing the digging.
01-12-2008, 03:26 AM,
I think what can take so long is the way that it is calculated. Instead of saying "It takes __ turns to dig a trench", it is instead a probability that the digging-in unit will *finish* on any given turn (it is checked at the beginning of a turn, I believe). I've had digging-in take one turn, as well as up to 3 or 4.

There may be some sort of rolling modifier that increases the chances of completion as the turns go on. (So that even that "slacker" battalion will eventually finish!) :)