• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World Juniors
12-30-2007, 07:46 AM,
World Juniors
Anyone else watching the World Juniors? Really good hockey, Sweden out skated Canada today to beat them 4-3. For Sweden it is like winning gold as they have not beaten Canada since around 2002.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2007, 05:11 PM,
RE: World Juniors
There is not that many games showing on TV but I watch what I can.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
12-30-2007, 10:11 PM,
I have not seen any,but have been following the tourney. That was a big win for Sweden,but,then again,they are one of the 'Hockey Powers'.
12-30-2007, 10:31 PM,
The US got a big 3-2 win over Russia. I do believe that it will come down to US,Canada,Russia and Sweden.
12-31-2007, 05:03 AM,
They said that Sweden has abandoned the 'SYSTEM' style of hockey and have begun coaching more towards the North American style. The game really showed it too, they out hit and out skated Canada and indeed they looked like a North American team. Sweden is now undefeated.

TSN is carrying all the Cdn games in HD.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM,
“They” may be deceived by the less tight and more aggressive junior-hockey. Sweden is playing with the usual tactics and that always means a minimum of coaching.

The win over Canada was a big upset since the Swedish team is a bunch of no-names without coming star players. “They” over here had to revise their pre-tournament speculations quite a bit.

Have you seen Robin Figren’s goal against Denmark? If not, watch it on YouTube. Great stuff. Eek
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
01-03-2008, 03:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2008, 04:42 AM by Weasel.)
None the less, Sweden out skated, out shot, and out hit Canada which is North American hockey. They did not play the neutral zone trap (1-2-2) as is customary but instead had fore checkers in the zone rushing Canada.

You do not need stars to win a game, you need team work. I hate that in the NHL as soon as a 'star' is drafted onto a team they give him the C and make the team revolve around him. I would rather have 21 average but determined players then a 'star' with supporting cast.

Anyway, Canada just beat Finland but not convincingly; I think they will be pressed to beat the USA. If they don't, then....GO SWEDEN!

(BTW - the "THEY" are the hockey analysis weenies we have here).
01-03-2008, 03:28 PM,
"Anyway, Canada just beat Finland but not convincingly; I think they will be pressed to beat the USA. If they don't, then....GO SWEDEN!"

Canada had to come out and play a good game,and,from what I read,got it together and got the job done.

USA-Canada is always a good game! If we (US) lose to Canada,I'll be hoping the Canadians win the tourney.
01-04-2008, 04:43 AM,
Well if the boys don't hit, which they haven't yet, then the Yanks will bury them.

I was going for Sweden if not Canada just because they haven't won gold in so long, and I love the underdog.
01-04-2008, 06:09 AM,
Yes, it has been notoriously difficult for Sweden to win the World Juniors. The only gold was back in 1981. Even the mighty Forsberg-generation only managed silver.

Too bad they aren't airing the USA-CAN game here. That's going to be a good one.
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]