• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Borisov Bridgehead Discussion Thread
12-05-2007, 11:31 PM,
Borisov Bridgehead Discussion Thread
Here is the discussion thread for Borisov Bridgehead. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks for taking a look at my scenario and making comments on it.

Game Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
Author Bear
Version 1.9
Filename B.zip
File Size 28.87 kb
Turns 18
SM 5
Type Semi-Historical
Scenario Date 2 July 1941
Description Mixed Russian forces collide with elements of 52.Panzer Grenadier Regiment in the outskirts of Borisov. Version 2. will be uploaded as soon as current Test Game ends.
Statistics: German:8 wins; Russian:6; Draw:1
57% German advantage.
Scenario Added at: 2007-11-14 23:34:07
Games in progress
Bear - Riprocket
Finished games:
Bear - Major Catastrophe
Test reports:
Author Balance Enjoyment Briefings
Bear 8 10 9
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2008, 11:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM by Bear.)
RE: Borisov Bridgehead Discussion Thread
Mixed Russian forces collide with elements of 52.Panzer Grenadier Regiment in the outskirts of Borisov approaching the Berezina River (9.6 Kms. west of Lipki)
Statistics: German:8 wins; Russian:8; Draw:1

Stukas probabilities increased, arty rounds decreased.
Send this user an email
05-21-2008, 05:34 AM,
Finished this battle with Owl, lost with the germans a tactical defeat.

Some points,
The russians have an overwhelming amount of infantry,
In fact to many.
The russians can seize most of the vls fast, while holding large amounts of troops available to counter any German attempt to take the VLs beyond their starting point.
Add the 2 big tanks to that(if placed on strategic well chosen points) and you simply cant lose.
Tje AT gun got 4 shots off and was killed immediately,even though it fired from a good position.
The Stukas had no impact at all, in fact they only managed to kill two of my squads which were busy assaulting the T34.....
Another irritating point is that the german infantry is stripped of almost all their satchels and democharges.
Basically in my opinion this needs a lot of tweeking.
05-21-2008, 05:46 AM,
Stoffel1,
If you submit a report for this test i can issue with the same points i have just given Owl ! Big Grin
05-22-2008, 05:33 AM,
Stoffel1,
Thank you for your report, i have issued your points! :)
05-25-2008, 04:23 PM,
Borisov scenario upgraded to new version. Russian tank crews downgraded and german infantry gains more explosives. Parameters and map features adjusted to improve play balance.
Thank you.
Bear
Send this user an email
06-28-2008, 03:50 AM,
Artillery rounds increased for German for all the obvious reasons. Setup altered to create German picket line and Russian scouts.

Hint: German should keep an armored infantry platoon + AFV(s) ready as a strike team.
Send this user an email
10-29-2008, 12:15 PM,
The title to this scenario is changed: "Borisov Breakout".
Simply because the bridgehead on the Berezina River is not part of this scenario and the Squad Leader title, Breakout from Borisov is already being used in another designer's scenario.

*footnote-This scenario focuses on the combined arms of the 52.PzGr. Regiment. The very next day after this battle, the Regiment found itself fully engaged with the crack Russian 1. Motorized Div. (equivalent to a Guards Mechanized Div before such units came into being) at Lipki. Hence the scenario:
"Blocking Action at Lipki".
Send this user an email
11-11-2008, 09:20 AM,
I've just tried to start Borisov Bridgehead 2.9 as the Germans - is this the right scen?
In the one I tried the extreme right of the german setup line was greyed/fixed mostly (I think) due to oversight?
2 Halftracks and an AT gun (dismounted)?
not a deal breaker but made me move on to another scen
seemed a bit half finished? Have I got the right scen?
I got it from the H2H section.

Thanks
12-27-2008, 07:12 AM,
The scenario has been upgraded, revised and the name changed to BORISOV BREAKOUT.
Send this user an email