• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Player Profile #7 FLG
12-01-2007, 08:29 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Player Profile #7 FLG
What is your name?
Marc Antill

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?
Finger Licking Good

What ladders are you represented on?
PzC

What is your favourite PC War-game?
PzC

Who has been your hardest opponent?
‘Barbarrossa.’ We play a lot and we are very evenly matched, frustratingly so sometimes. I tend to play campaigns and don’t always report results so my match list belies the many many hours I have sunk into this game.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?
2 years

What War interests you the most?
I am interested in all military history but concentrate more on WWII

If you could choose to be present at one historical event what would it be?
The launch of Apollo 11, taking Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins to their destiny and altering our view of our island earth forever .

What is your favourite War movie?
Saving Private Ryan or maybe Zulu

What do you snack on while gaming?
I try not to, unsuccessfully usually.

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?
Meeting lots of like minded people in a civilised forum.

The Blitz needs a better AAR section. It could really benefit from a dedicated PzC AAR sub-forum which would be readily accessible by anybody

Do you own any war memorabilia?
No

What is the best military book you have read?
I usually get flamed five ways to Sunday for this but Ambrose’s ‘D-Day’. It switches effortlessly between the strategic, tactical and personal and provides a real feel of how things must have seemed to different people on that fateful day.

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII?
Hitler’s declaration of war on the USA, 10th Dec. 1941. It let the USA into the European war much earlier than would have occurred naturally and also shows that Hitler’s grasp of things was starting to become unhinged.

What is the most interesting documentary you have ever watched?
Richard Holmes’ ‘War walks’. An English military historian who toured different battlefields, from Agincourt to Normandy, recounting the history of the battle.

Which is your favourite HPS PzC title?
Probably Moscow 41

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?
The possibility that the next ‘Total War in Europe’ might be a War in Russia scenario. I was blown away when I first played War in Russia and await anything which could offer the same feel. Matrix has been talking of re-writing WiR but that is unlikely to arrive anytime soon.

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?
Try to keep things in perspective; things are rarely as bad as they seem on first glance. This applies equally to wargames as it does to real life.
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2007, 08:40 AM,
RE: Player Profile #7 FLG
FLG Wrote:The Blitz needs a better AAR section. It could really benefit from a dedicated PzC AAR sub-forum which would be readily accessible by anybody

I will gladly set this up if there is a genuine interest for it.. simply post your opinion in my POLL post :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-01-2007, 09:40 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:
FLG Wrote:The Blitz needs a better AAR section. It could really benefit from a dedicated PzC AAR sub-forum which would be readily accessible by anybody

I will gladly set this up if there is a genuine interest for it.. simply post your opinion in my POLL post :)

Red Devil

would there be anyway to include images in such a forum, other than as attachments? Have a look at some of gif movie maps they use over at the TOAW forum. I believe these are posted via image shack or similar site.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1458420

Imagine how good a movie made from the PzC mini-map would be.

Could we do anything like that?
12-01-2007, 11:54 AM,
the forums would accept attachments in GIF, JPG and ZIP formats just like the regular ones do, in all respects they would simply be the same as these only specific to AAR/DARS, as the CM and CS forums already have in place. However regular members are limited in the amount of attachments they can upload (i think it's 2 megs)

to make a picture display here in the thread use the IMG tag and type in the link. I recommend using photobucket to host the images as they provide a VERY simple copy and paste technique for linking pics on many types of forums.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM,
Something like this

[Image: test-1.jpg]

Cool, you live and learn.

Thanks RD