• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pac war or the proud and few?
11-27-2007, 05:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2007, 05:03 AM by hero_33.)
Pac war or the proud and few?
Hey all,

Which pacific war game is better? (ignoring the Africa at war mod.) Which game is best for a bit of pacific war gaming. The proud and the few or Pac war? thinking of asking for one of these for Christmas.

Thanks for your input.

Steve.
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2007, 02:36 PM,
RE: Pac war or the proud and few?
That's a good question. In my opinion they are equal. I think more people may have PW (this is based upon reported games).
12-02-2007, 08:48 AM,
I had a copy of P&F a while back, but traded it, now wish that I had not and am now looking to replace it.

I like both, but felt that Pacific War had a little more variety to it.
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM,
I like P&F a lot, but I have not played it in a long time.
12-03-2007, 05:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2007, 05:51 AM by z1812.)
Hi Hero,

They are both good. You can't lose.

regards John
12-03-2007, 05:49 AM,
Steve

The Proud and the Few deals with the Marine battles in the Pacific and a large percentage of the scenarios are really designed for play against the AI. Pacific War concentrates more on the other service branches (and nationalities) and is a bit more PBEM friendly. Plus with Pacific War you get Africa at War which is a great mod. Which is better depends on your preferences. I admit I have played more Proud and the Few as I am more interested in the Marine battles, but that's just me. Get them both and you won't have to answer such tough questions anymore.

Jeff
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM,
Thanks Jeff and everyone else,

I think I will start with the proud and few. I would like to get into a little more depth of what the Ami's went through and I think this will provide it from a historical view.

Thanks for your input.

Steve.