• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anyone notice? K44 patch has new things
11-22-2007, 11:27 PM,
Anyone notice? K44 patch has new things
Mainly to do with commandoes and partisans and such like now where would they appear. Let us hope early Dec will tell us.
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2007, 03:45 AM,
RE: Anyone notice? K44 patch has new things
There are already commandoes in Normandy, Salerno. Maybe it's just new capability for them.
11-23-2007, 03:52 AM,
My guess is the allied crossing of the Rhine, operation Plunder.

In that operation a british commando brigade took Wesel.

Just guessing of course ;-)
11-23-2007, 05:39 AM,
Some really welcome changes there -- reachable hexes for artillery movement is awesome!

I'll hazzard a guess: Burma against the Japanese 1944. :-)

Fury
11-23-2007, 06:09 AM,
Sgt Fury,

I hope You are right. That would be an awesome title!!!
11-23-2007, 09:27 AM,
Guys
I just installed the new K'44 patch and came accross "Infiltration reinforcements" (under "movement") which I had'nt noticed before - is that a new one aswell, or just not noticed previously ?

The new title is "Skorzeny rescues Mussolini" - it has a 3x3 hex map and 2 units (one of which has no morale)

Cheers

Chris
11-23-2007, 09:41 AM,
Commando's not being able to be isolated, could be a interesting feature :chin: and they can now blow bridges Big Grin
11-24-2007, 12:19 AM,
Dumb ? ... please excuse.

Are these comments are for the Korsun 44 title?

I ask because its at the top of the new purchases list.
11-24-2007, 09:39 PM,
Hank,

Not really they are things I noticed in the patch that are new from other patches and that led to a bit of idle speculation a subject we like to indulge in, in the hope that Glen may one day tell us whats next. We all hope that 7/12 or 12/7 will bring some cheer to our lives. me in particular as Mrs B thinks I need to decorate the front bedroom.

The problem with idle chat is that the Brits amoung us then get silly (see Hadges post) I was tempted to reply asking if the map was brown and asking Foul to guess how many pages of planning notes Hadge had made for that scenario.

Mrs B is right (I am too scared to tell she is wrong) I have too much time and need to be kept busy toavoid idle chat.

They will apply to other games and it will be interesting to see the effects in Normandy Sicily and Salerno. I forgot the Platoon rules which I need to read the thread on but I bet that is for Normandy and will mean Volcano Man may have to redo his OOB for the alt scenarios
11-24-2007, 11:19 PM,
Oh i would guess that Hadge would have a plan for that "Skorzeny rescues Mussolini" scenario that runs to about four A4 pages..........Big Grin LOL

I don't think Ed is very happy at all! :(

There are also platoon units in Alamein, off the top of my head the Gazala scenario! :chin: