• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Medals
11-18-2007, 05:56 AM,
Medals
Hi,

roaming through various ladders i stumbled over some medals players have gained. some of these medals i haven´t seen before. Eek

is there a list of all available medals somewhere on the blitz rooster? :chin:

thanks!

cheers

steffen
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2007, 06:08 AM,
RE: Medals
The official medals are located in rule #24 Awards and Medals, in the Rules of Engagment area.
Some players have been awarded "badges" for participation in various tournaments. Some badges were awarded in gold, silver, and bronze, or 'plain' for recognizing participation.
Over the course of it's history the club has had different medals and awards. We did not take away those awards, they were earned at a time and purpose.

I hope that helps.

cheers
11-18-2007, 06:25 AM,
Thanks for the information, Ed!

cheers

steffen
11-18-2007, 01:49 PM,
I noticed that H has a "Silver Star" for fast PBEM turn rate, and being a good guy. That badge is not listed on the medals page.

How is that earned? And who awards it?

Just curious.
11-18-2007, 09:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2007, 09:09 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Nort, as I said, some things are old and were awarded before my time. The "silver star" was not taken over by another medal so I think it was not taken away from H for what was his accomplishment, as seen by his ladder officer. But, I am just guessing here.
When viewing the medal presentation screen, the officers can see many various medals, some of which are no longer used. The dBASE was once purged of medals that no longer applied. I remember seeing a "purple heart" in the list of medals.
I think that, before I became a club officer, the high "muckity mucks" wanted to get away from 'real life' medals. And, I think it was Jim that came up with the Roman theme and the various blades, etc.
Even the tournament "badges" were moved away from 'real life' campaign presentations and more into representations of the individual tourney.
If H received a "silver star" he did so long ago or the Club officer who gave the award did so on his own initiative.
I'll take a look at the dBASE and see if any unused one's are laying around.

cheers
11-19-2007, 03:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2007, 03:40 AM by Big Dawg.)
Mr. Otlig,

I unofficially bestow upon thou the medal of "Opponent Frustratus 1st class".

This bogus medal officially marks you as my most frustrating opponent.

It was decided to bestow you this honor because you (1) blew up that damn bridge and (2) you always undermine my attempts to conduct an offensive operation.

Prior holders of "Opponent Frustratus, 1st class" include the honorable JEEPSTER777 & K.K.-ROSSOKOLSKI.

The medal can be recognized by the middle index finger pointing upward.

A well deserved medal!!!!

Cheers!!cheers
11-19-2007, 08:14 AM,
LMAO Dawg nearly choked on my beer reading that one brilliant.
11-19-2007, 08:50 AM,
Thanks John.

Jump on in and award someone you play with the ""Opponent Frustratus 1st class".

Jack
11-20-2007, 03:27 AM,
Oh tankz a lot, for your kind worts, my dear frient Jack Grosshund!

i vill direktly report your behaviour to Colonel Klink!!!

Meanwhile i got an impression what your tankers are doing in your rear area

:happy:

steffen

Attached Files
.jpg   Jack tankers.jpg (Size: 91.01 KB / Downloads: 21)
11-20-2007, 05:10 AM,
Does anyone know if the scn designer award went away. If not what do you have to do to get that one?