• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PLayer Profile #6 Hadge.
11-16-2007, 10:46 AM,
Thumbs_Up  PLayer Profile #6 Hadge.
What is your name?

Chris Haigh

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?

Mrs H and I have spent a good few holidays on bunker hunting trips in Europe, and during our time "dans la continente" most hostelries we stayed at could'nt pronounce "Haigh" instead enunciating "Hadge".

What ladders are you represented on?

Only the HPS Operational Campaigns ladder

What is your favourite PC War-game?

My favourite is the one I hav'nt (nobodys ) got yet - the southern portion of the HPS Modern Campaigns Germany series ! - but seriously - I like them all, but the one I play the most is probably HPS NGP '85

Who has been your hardest opponent?

Nestor Makhno gave me some real scares in a Stalingrad Team game played over the summer.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?

Since May 2005

What War interests you the most?

Depending on the phase of the moon - that would be either WW2 or The campaigns of Napoleon.

If you could choose to be present at one historical event what would it be?

The Battle of Waterloo, to try and understand what was wrong with Napoleon on the day that changed the course of European history.

What is your favourite War movie?

The Dambusters

What do you snack on while gaming?

well - I spend a lot of time in my bunker so .........Peanuts, cookies, cheese savouries, apples, Minstrels, chocolate biscuits, wine gums, crisps (cheese and onion), mars bars, raw carrots, grapes, ritz crackers and cheshire cheese, and on sundays - roast beef with yorkies. ( but not all the above all at the same time ! )

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?

Favourite - the ability to meet new opponents.
Least favourite - I think some of us contributors occasionally forget that a "strong" opinion does'nt always make it a "correct" opinion - its an opinion

Do you own any war memorabilia?

I have a small, but interesting, collection of military medals, dating from the Crimean war up to modern times, including some won on the St. Nazaire raid, and my Grandfathers war service medals from WW1 (he was in the R.H.A from 1914 to 1918 )

What is the best military book you have read?

Paul Carell's "Hitlers war on Russia" Vol 1&2 - a bit one sided, but gives a good flavour of the ebb and flow of the campaign.

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII?

Churchill's appointment as PM - so we could "keep b*ggering on"

What is the most interesting documentary you have ever watched?

"Berlin - The Doomed City" by Annemarie Weber, and of course "The World At War" - who can forget that music.

Which is your favourite HPS PzC title?

Pz Campaigms - Stalingrad
Modern Campaigns - NGP

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?

Non apart from the HPS titles

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?

One possible reason why things are not going according to plan, is that there never was a plan in the first place - always have one
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2007, 08:24 AM,
RE: PLayer Profile #6 Hadge.
:soap: :whis:
11-20-2007, 09:09 AM,
Hey Hadge, I am glad to see you clarify what you eat at once, although then again a good tense game can lead to some serious heart racing and burning off some calories, so I was thinking your really got going during a long gaming session. And Dambusters, I had forgotten about that movie, it has probably been 40 years since I saw it last (and first I hope :-) ).

Thanks for sharing.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-20-2007, 09:38 AM,
At least he does not eat "goldfish"! :eek1: I wil never be able to get the idea of VM doing that out of my mind! Cry ;) :whis:

The Dambusters is a brilliant film, you need to see that again, i hope the new Peter Jackson version does it justice! :)
11-20-2007, 11:44 AM,
And I know have the same image from Hadge related to Yorkies, whatever they might be. My wife and I had a Yorkie dog for years :-).

There is a new Dambusters film being made? That would be great. The original was good enough to stick in my mind for all these years too.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-20-2007, 05:20 PM,
Ricky B Wrote:And I know have the same image from Hadge related to Yorkies, whatever they might be. My wife and I had a Yorkie dog for years :-).

There is a new Dambusters film being made? That would be great. The original was good enough to stick in my mind for all these years too.

Rick

Well "yorkies" is Hadge slang for "Yorkshire Puddings" and i know that you have heard of them.......Big Grin

I have heard about this new film, Jackson being from NZ like some of the dambuster aircrew is very interested in the raid so i am told.
11-21-2007, 07:39 AM,
Here is a link ty the movie remake of dam busters by Peter Jackson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5301998.stm

Peter originally wanted Mel Gibson, think Braveheart in the cockpit! Eek Now there is an image.

Looks like Peter is serious about doing this. He has been after the rights for many years.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-21-2007, 08:32 AM,
Thank god we will not have Mel/Hollywood rewriting history yet again! :rolleyes:

I have great hopes that Jackson will do a great job! :)