• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

looking advise on CS Matrix
11-15-2007, 03:27 AM,
looking advise on CS Matrix
I am thinking on buy this game. I am a CM player and i would like to see how it is compare to it. I konw is not a wego game but tacticly how it perfomance.:chin:

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2007, 07:55 AM,
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix
I highly recommend it myself, there are a lot of players for games, and tons of scenario's, plus more in the works!

Mike
11-15-2007, 08:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM by Jim von Krieg.)
Isaac, aka Redbear,

Each game has its strengths and weakenesses... Matrix has taken the CS game to a new level... which was a good game before they reworked the code...

CM as I know it is a very tactical game... individual tanks, squads, platoons, and companies... in a we-go format...

CS gives you more of a tactical/operational game... platoon, company, battalion, brigade, division... you can even go up to Corps level fights... It is a I go-U go system.. which is different, but much more in line with old table top games...

I recently acquired Matrix CS and went through a lot of the details of the game and the future of the game with Jason Petho. I think the Matrix version will follow in the Steel Panthers tradition. It is a classic reborn. It may look the same as the original, but it has a lot more potential under the hood now that Matrix has updated the software and guys like Jason, Wyatt, and a host of other guys are working the units and scenarios...

I don't think you will go wrong if you get the game, learn the system, and join the Blitz CS community... I can't wait to sink my teeth into some of the things they've added... I'm already dreaming of some wicked scenario creations to demo all the new items added by Matrix.

I'm a bit biased as I've always found CS an enjoyable game and the CS guys some of the best wargamers around, well maybe except for Randy... He's got too much of a toothy grin for my like... SHARK!!!

Regards,

Jim vK
11-15-2007, 09:03 AM,
I'm only gumming things these days :P
There's far meaner swimmers out there than me nowadays.. Shark
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-15-2007, 09:04 AM,
I agree... being a CM veteran I stepped over when the Matrix version of CS came out and enjoy it a great deal. Still getting whooped though as there is so much you have to learn. And laying against these grizzled old vets is like covering yourself in fish guts and going for a swim of Florida.
11-16-2007, 06:01 AM,
Thanks for the advices guys seems a good games them but i have to lear this game before playing with the big sharks up there LOL Big Grin
11-16-2007, 06:05 AM,
There are plenty of shar ... erm, uh ... teachers around.
If you need help, let me know?

Shark2
11-16-2007, 06:30 AM,
lol i will
11-16-2007, 07:07 AM,
Hopefully you'll include some of the new units Jim ie trains Ships(Randy waiting in the water) etc.
11-16-2007, 09:11 AM,
It is a good game. I think you would enjoy it.